Impact Bumpers

6 hours ago, Jim Rummy said:

Just bought my 6th bimmer: May I present the land yacht aka: battlestar gallactica:

3d2c8b43d818ac80b8d6c1fd2075c066.jpg

Picked up bank holiday fine for £3,500 off the eBay sight unseen - a 740i sport - what a peach - love it; replaces the pcp money draining M2.

Used to have an e36 328i touring that cost me £100, which I chopped in for an m135i deposit - bmw gave me a grand!

Love a BMW

Didn't know there was so much BMW love on here

Some lovely cars people have but Jim's land yacht is the best so far, has it got lunar mileage ?

E38 740i in black is on my 'affordable' dream garage short list

Didn't know there was so much BMW love on here
Some lovely cars people have but Jim's land yacht is the best so far, has it got lunar mileage ?
E38 740i in black is on my 'affordable' dream garage short list

Only 95,000, although as it’s my DD, I’ll be adding around 10,000 a year to that (if the old girl holds up). They love them in the states, where they seem to drive them into the 300’s, so there’s hope.

16 hours ago, Jim Rummy said:

Just bought my 6th bimmer: May I present the land yacht aka: battlestar gallactica:

Picked up bank holiday fine for £3,500 off the eBay sight unseen - a 740i sport - what a peach - love it; replaces the pcp money draining M2.

Used to have an e36 328i touring that cost me £100, which I chopped in for an m135i deposit - bmw gave me a grand!

Love a BMW

Good choice of pub too ! Had a nice meal in there in Charlbury  not so long ago :)

15 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

Agreed, it works well in red and the contrast with the carbon roof is more obvious

And as everyone knows, red cars are faster, aren't they Ian... ;)

On 6/12/2019 at 3:14 PM, Jim Rummy said:

May I present the land yacht aka: battlestar gallactica:

Bimmers are great, no getting away from it!

Funny, a good friend used to have a 90's 535 which was named the "Millennium Falcon"!

Bimmers are great, no getting away from it!
Funny, a good friend used to have a 90's 535 which was named the "Millennium Falcon"!

Any large bulk cruiser will do R2D2, surely you of all people should know that

On 6/12/2019 at 3:14 PM, Jim Rummy said:

Love a BMW

Fame at last! Front page of PH! 👍

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-germancars/bmw-740i-e38--readers-car-of-the-week/40376

On 6/12/2019 at 3:20 PM, Jim Rummy said:

da557398a1f72c4f1157f8d51566260e.jpg

Really nice JR - I love e38s.  All of the dailies I’ve had over the past few years have qualified for ‘barge-dom’.  The current 2006 XJR is 5m too but for some reason, much more difficult to place than others.

BTW - I didn’t realise you’d sold or are selling your Turbo?

I know! Funny eh?
Really nice JR - I love e38s.  All of the dailies I’ve had over the past few years have qualified for ‘barge-dom’.  The current 2006 XJR is 5m too but for some reason, much more difficult to place than others.
BTW - I didn’t realise you’d sold or are selling your Turbo?

Selling - need the cash for a new business - sad times, but nothing lasts forever