2020 Alpine Road Trip

Hope I can actually make a worthy suggestion and contribution to this excellent road trip and tour organised by @Richard Bernau for our benefit next year. Though apologies if this has already been mentioned before. 

On Saturday 27th June 2020, the day after we finish our tour there is a huge Porsche meet at Mollis near Glarus, in Switzerland. Celebrating 70 years of the marque organised by the Porsche Swiss club, and guests are invited to register in order to attend the event. 

Youtube vid, with the first event taking place in 2016. The last one was 2018 - so assume a bi-annual event. Be great to spend an extra day out there!

Be a shame not to attend, as only an hr drive or so from the last hotel stop on the Friday night in Weggis. 

G9mf9FJ.jpg

2D9PVlt.jpg

Kzti4mx.jpg

Well, its good to have options...

While the trip kind of finishes on Thursday night in Weggis (25 June is the booking at Hotel Central am See), the Friday is a packed day around Andermatt and the icon passes in that area and then ending near Colmar on Friday night to shorten the journey home.  Nothing is compulsory!  So, if people want to join the Swiss Porsche parade then it may make sense to stay in Switzerland (say in Andermatt, for example).

I will get an email out to all confirmed attendees in the next few days re numbers for the Colmar hotel and that will prompt people to make a decision.

On trip news, I have emailed all participants re the Treffen option and I need numbers for the Colmar (Relais de Ried hotel) for the night of the 26th please.

I think I have got everyone on the group email (including most recent joiners), but please shout if I have missed anyone.

In the meantime, happy holidays to all!

That's committed.  I count we are max 28 major passes in our 6 days of driving.  There are probably some smaller ones hidden away in that, but we are still a fair bit short of 45 passes.

I would like Mr Bogner's maps.  The mags are in German, but I have a sneaky feeling jolly old St Nich may be bringing me a Curves mag to have a look at in a couple of days time.

I have never done the old cobblestone Gotthard.  The new pass is an epic speed fest.  The first time doing south to north, I went to overtake a debadged Audi A6.  We went flat out up the long overtaking lane together and it took till top end of 4th to get past.  You will know what Daisy does top end of 4th gear.  Turns out it was a V10 S6.  Good times.

Edited by Richard Bernau

13 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Lovely roads 😍

No idea why but I always prefer pushing on going downhill, than uphill 😎 😜

Coz you are a madman :) 

That last video is EXACTLY what it is like. Rubbish sound, but it is just about the best possible capture of 911 follows 964 in the Alps.