2020 Alpine Road Trip

Another positive message from our Italian hotel (sans pictures).  I hope the optimism is well founded  -

...and suddenly our live was entirely different

We closed our hotel earlier than planned on March 10th in order to follow the security measures to protect ourselves and our fellow men.

Fortunately we are all healthy. Many of our dear guests have contacted us and inquired about our well-being. Thank you, this gives us strength and courage for the future.
We hope with all our heart that you all are well and are sure to come out of this situation together and stronger than before.

We have a lot of time now and are already tinkering with some new ideas. You can see Roman walking around the hotel with blueprints under his arm...
😊
Nevertheless, we are preparing for the summer season and hope to open our hotel in time on June 10th.

Our cancellation policy has been eased. Not because we have to, but because we know we will see each other again.

Stay save.
️ 

It's going to be all right,
Barbara & Roman 

Brill stuff RB. Isn't Barbara the lady at the Italian Hotel? If she was, she was a hoot. Wouldn't let me book. Said the rest of her rooms were for longer stay customers and for me to call back closer to the date. Say this in an an Italian accent - We find you something don't worry! Chow. 😂

Yes, that's the one.  I couldn't stay there in September as it was the day they closed for the summer season, but I wandered in and found Barbara in the office, introduced myself and she showed me around.  Its a perfectly adequate little family run hotel.  Best part, if the sun is shining, is that it has a nice enclosed garden that is just crying out for standing around with a cold frosty beverage in hand.  The town is a short walk and it has a SPAR for any essential supplies and there is a petrol station in town.  The view of the Dolomites from anywhere in town is spectacular.  Will try to find a photo.

Hi folks, been pretty absent here, apologies.
I hope everyone is okay healthwise? I hope everyone is keeping in good spirits, as far as can be, and that nobody is suffering too much financially over this. My own work has completely dried up, we'll have to see what the coming months bring.
I was very much looking forward to this drive, as I now everybody was. Am keen for one later this year, if the passes are open and the higher roads not too treacherous at the end of September? I'm in a motorbike race last weekend of September so I'm not sure about clashes. I'd rather be driving in the Alps with you lot tbh.
I'd also love to catch up in the summer if anyone's around (if we're allowed out of course!). Last year's Equinox IB run was a lot of fun, even though there were only a small handful of us taking part. Actually that there were so few of us made it a lot more engaging.
I'm going to contact the hotels soon and see what the situation is regarding deposits, I need to claw back every penny I can at the moment, but here's to late Summer!
All the very best to everyone and apologies for checking in here so infrequently.
And Richie thanks so much for all of your hard work with all of this, it's really very much appreciated.
Best,
Ravi

Edited by GoldenLane

Feedback I have from the hotels has been good regarding return of deposits.  All that have responded to me have said that we have time yet to ask for returns or change dates for later in the year.  Right now its hard to see much more than a small chance of June proceeding.

Would love to join the rest of you guys, but sadly would not be possible with the amount of time I spend away from home for work, just not fair on the family.

Can manage day trips though when everything back up and running again.