46 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

You can't really concentrate on anything other than ... your immediate objectives.

That would generally be keeping up with the car in front :steering:

• Like 1
  • Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will try to be objective (I have used today's papers and EU official guidance as my sources), you can all draw your own conclusions.  My opinion at the end, so you can ignore if you like. Franc

or you could try keeping your left wing sniping bullsh*t out of a car forum  and a thread for a trip that you aren't involved with.

A nice cup of Tea and some cake anyone.............................................  

Posted Images

... so lets continue the old Alps trip and bring it close to conclusion.   The departure from Grasse was supposed to be early and the route was IIRC a side trip around the Gorge du Verdon before heading to our last night in Annecy.  Best laid plans.  Some of the lads decided that the priority was buying parfum in Grasse while one of our number could not be woken due to the entirely predictable effects of strong Belgian beer.  So plan B was instituted and we pottered up the Route Napolean then Grenoble and Chambery with lunch overlooking a lake.  You really can't complain.  I had also arranged a nice dinner in Annecy that needed taxis to and fro, but consensus was we stay at the hotel in the countryside and eat there after a swim in the icy cold pool.  As I said, you really do make it up as you go along.  The final day was the slog back thru France.  The motorway was punctuated by a couple of B road diversions I think, but French autoroutes really are the worst part of a trip to this part of the world.  Pics to follow.

Well that’s kind of the end of the Alps trip. I have another Alps trip With the Dutch guys but photos are not on my current phones, so that’s a little harder. Then there is the Pyrenees. Or we could hunt down Le Mans Bugatti trip pics. Or a number of Spa trips. But they don’t really fit here.  Hunt for the thread from the Slovenia Trip if you need another fix. And Fraser’s videos on YouTube or the uncut versions on the dark web. 

Short story, yes Daisy has been everywhere.  Done everything. 

44 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Hoping the roads were quite empty for you!

Actually with people very much staying in the country, there was quite a bit of traffic unfortunately. Still had a giggle though.

Some nice metal out on the roads today 

70B579AA-6986-4ABF-A0F8-4C706C9F6CD8.thumb.jpeg.a8be158f7af790e2b8f95f7b2692b0a8.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Dr Rock said:

We’ll make him buy the next round of beers...

Consider it done 

2 hours ago, Dr Rock said:

We’ll make him buy the next round of beers...

Just the one?! I vote for one round for every enviable photo posted!

🍻

It would appear you went clockwise, as the bottom photo looks like the Furka headed West from Realp :ani_nerd:But the photo above it was taken at the same place? and  is the Susten looking East..?.:unsure:

12 minutes ago, Dr Rock said:

It would appear you went clockwise, as the bottom photo looks like the Furka headed West from Realp :ani_nerd:But the photo above it was taken at the same place? and  is the Susten looking East..?.:unsure:

Clockwise is the only way to go😉. Everyone else goes the other way 

3 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

Good for you mate!

In the Up?  Or you pulled your finger out and got the dysonator off its winters?

The Dyson is just at Porsche Germany for a huge service/belts and summer tyres, so I had to play with the up. Still taught a 991.2 and a gaggle of Exiges to not underestimate the little one 😂

1 hour ago, Richard Bernau said:

Size matters (in an inverse kind of way, on those roads, if you know what I mean).

Absolutely. There was a works Porsche 992 factory fresh going up the Furka pass and at every overtake there were only a couple of inches to spare. The locals weren’t impressed. A bit like the time we had some bovine issues 

36 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

When is the turbo leather pants mobile back?  Hopefully not too long. 

It’s not that local to me (and hence a lot cheaper than in Switzerland), so I’ll pick it up in a few weeks. I really do have to make the tyres last for more than one season. Well, usually I do, unless there is one of our road trips