Widebody wheels

Brycieb

Hi all

I've been searching to see what size Fuchs I need for my SC widebody conversation and find it very confusing with all the different options. I've been offered some 7x15 8x15 Fuchs replicas so was wondering if these will fit?

Thanks In advance

You will spacers, no Fuch wheels will have the correct offset.

25mm front and 54mm rear

Best Fuchs would be 7" & 9" x 16"

I have a 3.2 wide body conversion, 8 and 9 x 16s on mine, very thin spacers front, 50mm (I think) at the rear. Fills the arches just right to my eyes. 7s would also work up front but perhaps with thicker spacers.

Chris.

3 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

found these while rummaging around on Ebay, probably not what you're after but thought I'd post them up anyway

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OZ-Racing-Fittipaldi-Split-Rim-Alloy-Wheels-17inch-Porsche-PCD/323829693839

Funnily enough they are the same as the wheels I currently have and are trying to replace 😂

Now you see, I quite like those... Not for a 911 though. Too curvy for those wheels but would look ace on an 80s/90s boxy car. Think early esprit or similar 😎👌

Brycieb, I've got turbo arches on mine with narrow body suspension and run 2 x sets of wheels. One is a set of 8 & 9" x 16" Fuchs which need massive spacers (like 50mm front & 70mm rear) to fill the arches properly IMO.

The other set is some slightly wider 16" Compomotive split rims which have a deeper dish and don't require any spacers. Scroll down a bit of P.41 of this and you can see both sets of wheels fitted.

Ideally I'd probably have the Fuchs style but with no spacers so to achieve this I would go for a set of Braids or something similar. And the best bet again would probably be to go for 17" to open up a whole new world of tyre options.

Big wide 15" look great on these cars but your tyre options are very limited and become eye wateringly expensive . Go and price up some TB15s, I dare you.........

Edited by ALEX P

A couple of comments. With modern tyres, you don’t need huge tyres on our cars. If you have them you just sacrifice delicacy, adjustability and ride. There are still plenty of tyres in 205/50 and 225/50 for 16s and that is all you really need. Secondly, once that size thing is acknowledged then you have to accept that spacers are necessary unless you get a custom 3 piece wheel made or find some like Alex. 

I would say that 8/9x16 looks great and works wheel with 205/225. I had loads of negative camber and hence IIRC 70mm rear spacers and aggregate about 25mm front. Meaning I needed bigger spacers because of the camber. 

This photo is as good as any.

93CF2841-91AC-4563-ADFA-20CBBECEB01C.thumb.jpeg.9414844c77a9ce9a7184e09c59d48b04.jpeg

BTW, the trick for avoiding massive rear spacers is 930 trailing arms.  Vastly expensive.  Big spacers mean you keep an eye on the bearings as they will wear faster, but its not a deal breaker.  And the increase in unsprung weight is again something negative, but not a deal breaker.

Edited by Richard Bernau