Impact Bumpers
jamesmckenzie

Ride improvement

Hi all,

I've got a g50 3.2. Its at 74k miles and It feels a little loose and harsh. I believe it has the smaller Boge dampers.

As a minimum what in addition to dampers should I look at to improve the ride and bring the dynamics back where they should be? Any idea on costs around a damper and bushing refresh?

Kindest,

James

Two words - Center Gravity

Go see Chris and get an assessment done, then a session to deal with what he finds. 

I assumed I needed new everything and he diagnosed 100% fit hardware and just needed a geo set up. 

Feel set of hardware I priced up at circa £1900. Two session at CG will be 1/3 to 1/2 of that and worth every penny. Essentially Chris saves me spending nearly 2 grand!

http://www.centregravity.co.uk/

What he said , plus nothing wrong with Boge , some of us have gone back to them over supposed upgrades 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:57 PM, longman said:

What he said , plus nothing wrong with Boge , some of us have gone back to them over supposed upgrades 

What would I be looking at for a set of Boge dampers fitted?

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:26 PM, sammillyard said:

had my geo set up at Northway, best 'mod' to the car

What did you actually have done and how much if you don't mind me asking?

4 minutes ago, jamesmckenzie said:

fronts are £90 each  , rears £94 each from Matt @Type911

Fit them yourself, it’s not a difficult job , or if your getting the geo done get them to fit and geo at the same time 

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:22 AM, jamesmckenzie said:

What did you actually have done and how much if you don't mind me asking?

I had a 'full geometry set up' - my words to the mechs was 'I'm not going to do a track day every weekend, I wouldn't mind doing the odd hill climb. Can you do a set up that's some where in the middle?' and they did that. so its more negative camber, more toe in on the rear. 

cost wise, it will always vary. my car was 'brand new' underneath when I had the set up done so no trouble undoing bolts etc...the base cost is £280+ £75+vat labour per hour. I think from memory, my whole bill was £380.