New forum theme with more updates to follow! Please see the main thread in Impact Bumping.

Sign in to follow this  
mean in green

Harry's Garage: 1987 Carrera Club Sport

Enjoyed this by Harry, and in no way posting it to make alpole sick.

Great piece on such a rare car. Well put together . I nearly bought one in 2001 for 18k 😩 !  

Thanks for sharing 👍

Bring on your Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda's :lol:

9b988c038caeef4b6c61307653f439a6924a98c83b8397b8e4d7d79eae9cec87.jpg

Edited by GaryH

I nearly (coulda shoulda woulda) bought Chris Harris’ CS of him in 2007. Didn’t as he wouldnt budge from the £30k he was asking which in my view was too much! 

My goodness, 30k for a CS in 2007 seems rather excessive to say the least! No bl@@dy wonder you passed on that!, I was a fan of Mr Harris but I’ll look on him in a new light from what you’ve just said! (Greedy so-and-so)!

David.

Just my opinion but I think £30k then was about right. I've had mine since August 1990 and tracked prices and values ever since. I think they stayed stable at £30k for many years until the sudden upsurge with all classics post-2008.

Having said that, the impression I had was Chris Harris was always in Porsches for the money, i remember an article he wrote about ordering new and selling on immediately ( which I think the dealers subsequently tried to stamp out ), also a test drive he wrote about 996 GT3 RS where he'd clearly not driven the car, he said it had wind-up windows!

Chris

I value that car (the ex-CH one) for insurance. It is well over £30k now obviously, but agree £30k was a decent buy at the time. Club Sport prices have been hit in recent years: the road to Thailand is now closed also, so what has been a decent RHD market no longer exists.

Chris has always liked to make a few quid on cars - he's part of the Collecting Cars platform with Ed Lovett (Dick Lovett/Peter Lovett etc).

Values go up and values go down: it's only money...

watched this the other day, enjoyable vid and he really likes the car. Sounded and looked great in the film.

Did you see the CS at auction this week? was upto 116k last time I looked in, was 71k a few days before! :o

Yeah that was great. But the sound of the Fiat Dino Spider in the latest Tyrrells Classic Workshop video trumps it 😎

• Like 1