Jump to content
Impact Bumpers
Busybee

Anyone had experience of Zuffenhaus

Recommended Posts

Looking to find a specialist for a major service on RB’s old car. Spoke to Zuffenhaus near Birmingham and they seem ok. Offering a free car clinic on Saturday with an hour up on the ramps to check over the car with me to see if they can spot any issues and a service if I want to book it in on Monday. 

Wondered if anyone had used them? Good, bad, ugly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it isn't close for you, but I would seriously think of using JAZ if you are contemplating anything major.  They are the only place that will actually know the car.  I got great piece of mind knowing that as well as servicing, they ran their eyes and spanners over everything once a year and that following that, the car was ready for long trips, tracks, whatever.

Regular servicing isn't rocket science though, so anywhere will do for that.  Even a major with valve clearances is easy for for any indie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 11:47 AM, Richard Bernau said:

I know it isn't close for you, but I would seriously think of using JAZ if you are contemplating anything major.  They are the only place that will actually know the car.  I got great piece of mind knowing that as well as servicing, they ran their eyes and spanners over everything once a year and that following that, the car was ready for long trips, tracks, whatever.

Regular servicing isn't rocket science though, so anywhere will do for that.  Even a major with valve clearances is easy for for any indie.

Thanks Richard. Yes, if it was involved work, I'd be straight back to JAZ and Steve.

Just a service at the moment so looking for someone more local to stamp my book and check her over. Changing the air filter to a new K&N reduced tick over by 100rpm so it was definitely due for a clean/renewal. Shirish suggested Dave Griffiths racing in Shrewsbury. http://www.davegriffithsracing.com/. Gave them a call and they sound like they're proper oily rag guys. Dave the dad built 917 engines for classic le mans racing and his son Ben was a plain talking chap. Sounds like he knows his stuff. Happy for me to bring in my own oil, filters, plugs etc and he'll just charge time. Suggested it didn't need tappets doing as its only been 7000 miles but said he'd have a listen. He said 3.2's were quite heavy on distributor caps and rotors - never heard that before. Anyone have experience of this? 

Only an hour and a half from me and some great roads so I might give them a go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

He set up JZM.  Are you talking more recent history maybe?

Idle curiosity really. I once trailered a 911 SC (which was on the trailer front first so it was a nightmare journey) to Jaz in Wembley to have tensioners done. At the time Jonas was 'the man' for 911's and looked after another friends race car. A bit of nostalgia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Roy M said:

....I once trailered a 911 SC (which was on the trailer front first so it was a nightmare journey)...

You got away with it, we live and learn.

Unless the trailer has an unusually long bed (like six or seven metres) a 911 must be reversed on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mean in green said:

Unless the trailer has an unusually long bed (like six or seven metres) a 911 must be reversed on. 

^^ That's the way GCR put a 911 on a trailer. :twocents:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, mean in green said:

You got away with it, we live and learn 

Only just - never towed before (it was probably 30 years ago) and got some real swaying going down the M6 - actually thought I'd lost it. Incredibly scary and less than 40 mph the rest of the way.

I quickly taught myself about weight distribution nose wheel weights etc etc after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...