Impact Bumpers
Ian Comerford

Flexible brake line life?

Mark's method is what I do, but I take it a stage further by first loosening bleed nipples with a 6 sided deep socket, just until they are 'cracked' then move to the ring spanner. All the 5 sided special bleed nipple spanners I have ever tried were not as good as a ring spanner unless nipple is brand new.

Happy new year all. Chris.

23 hours ago, SilverWT said:

I use a small ring spanner, avoids any chance of rounding the flats.

After initial loosening to just closed,  put the ring spanner on with the handle orientated to allow half a turn to open/close, then put the bleed tube on. The bleed tube clamps the ring spanner in place. Works for me OK on both ends of the SC and 3.2 and also on the Boxster fronts now on the 3.2.

Mark

^^ what I do too, on the rare occasion I bleed brakes.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:43 PM, Chris T said:

Mark's method is what I do, but I take it a stage further by first loosening bleed nipples with a 6 sided deep socket, just until they are 'cracked' then move to the ring spanner. All the 5 sided special bleed nipple spanners I have ever tried were not as good as a ring spanner unless nipple is brand new.

Happy new year all. Chris.

+ 1,  

Never had any problems using a very small ring spanner.