Impact Bumpers
Chris T

Silicone beaded inlet gaskets?

Hi all,

Having a few problems 100% curing air leaks on the inlet of a (much modified) 3.2. The 2 bolt inlet was later modified to 3 bolts on the 964 to cure this problem. Seems to me that a gasket with a silicone bead would sort it, does anybody know if these are made anywhere?

Thanks, Chris.

When I fitted my ITBs I added a bead of the blue liquid gasket stuff each side.

BUMP! Will go Phil's route unless anybody has heard of such a gasket? Seems obvious as it appears to be such a common place to have an air leak.....

Chris.

Ok, no silicone beaded gaskets known of or can be found, so I'm getting new standard ones. Best gasket sealer for this application opinions please...?

Chris.

I've been using Hylomar blue as recommended by Leicestershire. It has worked well, so far, on gaskets and threads alike.

Hylomar blue and use thinners so you can brush it on with a thin film so nothing extrudes on the inlet .

Thanks but rather too late. Hylomar blue it was but in a thin bead. Engine still doesn't run but that's another story......

Thanks, Chris.