David Gander

Selling my beloved Turbo.

Finally after several years of won’t I / will I, now decided (I think), to part with my beloved Turbo. Getting older and time seems not to stretch so far as it used to! Last week I renewed the front brake discs, washed out the hubs / bearings and repacked with fresh grease, new back plates and seals, new callipers hard lines and Allen set screws, bled  the complete system....again! Intend to replace the rear discs & back plates also but I’m thinking, this is job creation as there was nothing wrong with the front discs, it’s just that I had FOUR new front discs in my stash, and while I’m renewing the back plates I might as well.......!! I have a very large garden, two Lhasa Apso dogs, Wife....etc.!......need something less demanding and more basic... old Land Rover perhaps? Anyway, I’ve made enquiries with auctioneers Morris Leslie, we’ll see how negotiations progress but the five percent auction fee makes me think a bit? This is a hell of a decision, possibly the end of a love obsession and the meaning of life!?.....but one moves on as they say!.......sixty six and a half thousand miles, is it worth sixty thousand rapidly devaluing British pounds?....I don’t really know.....worth a hell of a lot more to me but one has to be pragmatic and realistic with Brexit looming large!.....did consider selling Wife with the car thrown in but I may be prosecuted for that!0531E32F-49B4-4887-802D-95F6467BE85C.thumb.jpeg.776a3b76178a001bab68a6c53c783a12.jpeg

FB42A371-964D-431F-9922-6A8091B03A58.jpeg

851186B9-728A-424E-B767-3414C2262991.jpeg

7 hours ago, David Gander said:

Anyway, I’ve made enquiries with auctioneers Morris Leslie, we’ll see how negotiations progress but the five percent auction fee makes me think a bit? T

I'm guessing that's just the seller's fee and there will (probably) be Buyer's Premium (and VAT on that) as well.  If you decide to sell your car, is it also worth looking at: https://collectingcars.com/faqs/ as you'll possibly reach a wider audience

Sixty k sounds very cheap to me!

Worth calling the Sheriff ? - he may have someone looking for a turbo

You will miss her when shes gone.............................(car, not wife)

Thing about selling a car like this, if you’ve no immediate need for the cash, it’s a false economy. Polish it more, drive it less and keep it for nostalgia for a few years. It’s only going up in value David and probably faster than an isa or savings bond. 

SOR at Gmund, you'll get double ;)

Not looking like a great time to sell an IB just now. Lots of cars growing roots on the well known sites and many being reduced. Attended the Coys classic sale at Blenheim recently and most cars went for bottom estimate or no sale. If you are set on selling, I would guess that your estimate on value isn't that far off in terms of an achievable figure. Good luck whichever way you decide to go.

Agree with Fat Fuchs - I was talking to a dealer last week - not a good time to sell - but a goodish time to buy.

The Goodwood Bonhams sales, both Members Meetings and FoS showed weakening  prices for many cars - unless they were exceptionally rare. 

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated. 

Regards,

David

The asking price of a decent 930 struggles to be low enough at the minute - not many buyers around. But not many 930s up at £60k either, so I would certainly list it among IB friends!

Ads on IB cost nothing: it is well worth putting it up here and seeing who comes along for a chat. I spoke to the owner of a low-mile 930 last week and she said a neighbour had offered £100k for her car. I said go for it.

The 5spd at SC went for £90k