Targa roof - refurb/repair - what's possible

Rdra

Hi - I'm looking at buying a replacement Targa roof (frame and covering) from EBay..Basically I'm considering re-instating my 77 Cabriolet (converted in the 80's from a Targa to  a cab) back to its original Targa config. (I have most of the parts including the glass and the Targa Loop - question - can the Targa roof collapsible frame be repaired/refurbished if its damaged? If so does anyone know of any companies that can do this. Many thanks as always..Richard  

2019-07-30_21-39-51.jpg

A new section is needed for that, I probably have one. That looks like a later roller catch type, cant quite see from the photo, is that yours or the one you may buy from ebay? Any decent trimmer can refurb a top

6 hours ago, Type911 said:

A new section is needed for that, I probably have one. That looks like a later roller catch type, cant quite see from the photo, is that yours or the one you may buy from ebay? Any decent trimmer can refurb a top

Any decent trimmer - are you sure Matt? I thought Southbound were the only firm that can do a 'proper job'. If you know somewhere in the SE that you can recommend , with using your kit, I'd be interested to hear about them. 

Yup, Gary at FX has done a few, I havent seen his work but have heard good things.

I think you just need to know how they are put together and what they actually do, its not a dark science.