Impact Bumpers
993porky

New service book where to buy

Hi 

anyone have any info on best situation when original service book is full, what to do or where to get a new one?

my car is 85 coupe

thanks

Paul

26 minutes ago, 993porky said:

Hi 

anyone have any info on best situation when original service book is full, what to do or where to get a new one?

my car is 85 coupe

thanks

Paul

Available from Porsche OPC 

Last year they were. Chris Denning inquired for me as my book just filled with the last service. £40ish IIRC

More like £66 when I asked for a 1985 version recently but that was for owners manual when I provided the reference number WKD 473 220 for Edition 85/86 as per the original I have.  OPC Parts couldn’t confirm it included the maintenance record part at the back even though my original is all one book.  I’ve been using a generic ebay sourced book just for more service stamps as keeping the invoices for work done is just as important of course.  Would be interested if does have the maintenance part if you do get one.  https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-porsche/original-porsche-manuals-back-in-print/40103

I used this one as only £3 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-VAN-SERVICE-HISTORY-MAINTENANCE-RECORD-LOG-BOOK/143302175403?hash=item215d79aaab:g:F34AAOSwoydWtcb6

If anyone has a maintenance page with no stamps and could scan in and put up as a PDF file that would be even better to print out extra pages when needed 😉

The correct warranty and maintenance book (not the owners handbook) for a 1985 car is WKD434623 this is NLA

Thanks Matt - weird as have my original here and is 911 Turbo / 911 Carrera Driver's Manual / Maintenance Record in one bound book with the ref I quoted and is original to the car with data sticker and services from delivery in the maintenance / warranty portion in the back which has no separate WKD reference.  Thanks for the info but I guess if can't order one then extra pages for more service stamps is a no go to answer the original post.  Mine is a blue book with blue title page (including the maintenance record title page) not red as shown at https://store.weekendrides.com/products/porsche-911-carrera-warranty-maintenance-booklet-9-84-1985-wkd434623. My ref when searched shows only as driver manual / operating instructions which I guess is why OPC said unlikely to include the maintenance pages.  Andy.

1 hour ago, Type911 said:

The correct warranty and maintenance book (not the owners handbook) for a 1985 car is WKD434623 this is NLA

And do you know what the reference number for an '85 owners handbook is, and where to get one?

58 minutes ago, double0 said:

Thanks Matt - weird as have my original here and is 911 Turbo / 911 Carrera Driver's Manual / Maintenance Record in one bound book with the ref I quoted and is original to the car with data sticker and services from delivery in the maintenance / warranty portion in the back which has no separate WKD reference.  Thanks for the info but I guess if can't order one then extra pages for more service stamps is a no go to answer the original post.  Mine is a blue book with blue title page (including the maintenance record title page)

The same here for my '84 version, original to my car. This has come up before, not so long ago, and the final view was the two books were separated half way through 1984, so possible an early '85 car  still had one ... 

Thanks for the link to previous discussion.  Mine is an April 85 registered car and book is labelled WKD 473220 850 6/84 Edition 85/86 inside the front cover so continued into 85 as one book.

Hi thanks for replies👍

My book is original and also is owners/maintenance book in one,that cheap ebay item looks ok, my thinking is it still keeps everything right if porsche book full then just use a cheap one plus keep invoices then thats probably ok?

or does the majority think get original if possible?

This is my book for my 85 car

spoke to Porsche centre Newcastle tonight and you can buy them from them, not sure on price as I had rang to late for service department but receptionist said they are readily available 👍

F077B865-20C9-46D9-90B3-E62F23FB15CA.jpeg

D4EE856D-F1B1-4101-88D1-9FCF9F0EA973.jpeg

Angusb 

thank you for link I’ve just bought it for £20 plus postage 👍

i got price today from Porsche centre Newcastle £60 which I think is a rip off tbh  so well pleased with the one in link

thanks again 😊

WKD473220 is available from Germany. I think the Porsche Classic service book in the link is in the "gift set" you get when you sign up to their service program.

I will scan a page from a new book and post it in here so you can all download it and add it to your old books!