Alcantara steering wheel refurb

Busybee

5 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

All I can say on the horns is that I don't think this one was me.  Horns worked for me, but I suspected it was only one of the two working as it was always pretty ineffective.

I loved the steering wheel and wish I had kept it, but it was well worn from day 1 in my custody.  You can bring it back a bit as you have found.  Harsh truth is probably that leather is better than suede unless you have race gloves on.  I would buy it back if you ever decided to change...

Lol wouldn't have thought it was you for a minute RB. Just a bit odd the relay was missing all together. Wonder if it had been identified as a drain on the battery maybe. All's well that ends well. They are a bit weak in terms of volume but they're fine by me. Should get me the next mot. I did think about Dukes of hazard style 5 horn setup for a minute lol. Then I thought really. It's flipping loud enough as it is. 

I love the steering wheel too (sorry). Might get it retrimmed in the winter and change the covering to leather or fresh suede. Love the buttons to work but don't think that's easily done. 

Don't suppose you have the clock out of the dash somewhere in your stores? Love the stripped out look but a clock is something I do like. Stickler for promptness. Might get a tiny LCD stick on clock and pop that on the clock delete blank.

Thinking of adding a phone wireless charger on the far right of the dash above the knee pad. hole there already and a bit of lightweight infill and one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fast-Qi-Wireless-Car-Charger-Magnetic-Phone-Holder-For-iPhone-X-XS-Max-Xr-8-Plus/382980030651?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144 would be great. See you or Alex kindly put a magnetiuc phone holder there and its a perfect spot. 

On 8/14/2019 at 2:34 PM, Richard Bernau said:

WTF - who stole the clock?  Not me, LOL.  Alex must have it.

I was going to replace the clock with a Ford Fiesta eyeball air vent - straight swap - but never did get around to that.

Clock found! Alex has it and is sending it to me in September when he goes to his other house. That together with a seat slider and the original shifter assembly. Be like Christmas! lol Cheers Alex