Impact Bumpers
RSVP911

Looking to buy a 930 Turbo

12 hours ago, Roy M said:

And a Cayenne?

haha well its not mine per se its my girlfriends but its our family car so...

On 8/9/2019 at 5:13 PM, RSVP911 said:

I’m trying to decide between a 930 Turbo vs. 964 RS.

Compromise?

Smoosh the 2 together and you get something like this - 3.6 turbo, 6 speed, etc, etc in a 1050kg 930.  Well within your budget.

930GT.jpg.3786be8d68df0413031e2d77de1e5d28.jpg

1 minute ago, Richard Bernau said:

Compromise?

Smoosh the 2 together and you get something like this - 3.6 turbo, 6 speed, etc, etc in a 1050kg 930.  Well within your budget.

🙈

15 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

Compromise?

Lovely , please tell me more :)

9 minutes ago, RSVP911 said:

Lovely , please tell me more :)

36 minutes ago, RSVP911 said:

Lovely , please tell me more - actually just read your thread ; (thanks Dr Rock for posting a link) assume it’s a keeper ? :)

Edited by RSVP911

I was afraid RB was going to sell up, didn’t seem to align with the glowing feedback on the boxster.

As one door closes ...

Do it RSVP911!

8 hours ago, SP72 said:

I was afraid RB was going to sell up, didn’t seem to align with the glowing feedback on the boxster.

As one door closes ...

Do it RSVP911!

Think I understand the end of your post - not sure I get the Boxster feedback but ???

42 minutes ago, RSVP911 said:

Think I understand the end of your post - not sure I get the Boxster feedback but ???

It seemed he was more than happy with the Boxster, and it provided different and sufficient thrills to the red cars. So I wasn’t surprised the 965 is now available to buy.

47 minutes ago, SP72 said:

It seemed he was more than happy with the Boxster, and it provided different and sufficient thrills to the red cars. So I wasn’t surprised the 965 is now available to buy.

Ah ok makes sense :)

My twopence having owned one until last month for the last 9 years - they look utterly amazing, but drive ok: a touch too heavy, a touch too planted, but when properly sorted - suspension is key - nice, but never nimble.
Beautiful from every angle, truly, and a lovely interior, good seats even for me at over 6ft 4, great noise with the right exhaust (Fabspeed dual outlet), loads of fun when the boost kicks in; still fast even by modern standards.
But the rust! On U.K. roads, it is non-stop: something every 5 years needs attending to and very expensive to run in general - budget at least £4,000 a year unless you do the work yourself, some years it will be £1,500, others £8,000 (the bodywork years, the top end years, the fuch refurb years, the bodywork again, the clutch, suspension geometry etc etc).
After 9 years I was ready to let her go, I just got so fed up with spending on her, and the Porsche tax gets on your tits. I’m not rich enough not to care about the outgoings and I was too scared of its value to do any of the work myself.
So in conclusion: you need to be rich, you need to drive around with a load of mirrors showing you the outside from the inside and ideally you should live in California so you don’t end up with an expensive pile of iron oxide with a Porsche badge stuck on top!

1 hour ago, Jim Rummy said:

My twopence having owned one until last month for the last 9 years - they look utterly amazing, but drive ok: a touch too heavy, a touch too planted, but when properly sorted - suspension is key - nice, but never nimble.
Beautiful from every angle, truly, and a lovely interior, good seats even for me at over 6ft 4, great noise with the right exhaust (Fabspeed dual outlet), loads of fun when the boost kicks in; still fast even by modern standards.
But the rust! On U.K. roads, it is non-stop: something every 5 years needs attending to and very expensive to run in general - budget at least £4,000 a year unless you do the work yourself, some years it will be £1,500, others £8,000 (the bodywork years, the top end years, the fuch refurb years, the bodywork again, the clutch, suspension geometry etc etc).
After 9 years I was ready to let her go, I just got so fed up with spending on her, and the Porsche tax gets on your tits. I’m not rich enough not to care about the outgoings and I was too scared of its value to do any of the work myself.
So in conclusion: you need to be rich, you need to drive around with a load of mirrors showing you the outside from the inside and ideally you should live in California so you don’t end up with an expensive pile of iron oxide with a Porsche badge stuck on top!

Really interesting post - thanks for sharing :)

As Ben says (JR), except that any 911 or indeed any classic car will rust, especially if driven in winter on our salt-laden roads! It’s a downside to our climate I’m afraid. Cannot see that a 930 is any more expensive to run than another 911? I preferred driving my Turbo to the lightweight that I had years ago (a ‘72 2.4 S, the one with the wing oil filler and weights behind the front bumper!) ........felt like driving a tuned Beetle! Anyway, like JR, I’ve thrown in the towel just now and sold my Turbo, just have not got the time nor the money to run a classic Porsche anymore, kind of sad really as it has been a big part of my life over the years. Now I have to work my way through my large stash of spares and list everything with a view to selling. On the plus side, looking forward to having more shelf space.......trying to be positive!

David.

1 hour ago, longman said:

What you need is a lightweight 3.2 with about 280bhp 😎👻

Not again Paul!?

15 minutes ago, Phill said:

Not again Paul!?

Not openly marketing it Phil .. but Like SP , if someone offers the right amount its gone..

Just now, longman said:

Not openly marketing it Phil .. but Like SP , if someone offers the right amount its gone..

Fair enough, everything is for sale at the right price. I would say the same.