Snetterton 300 10/Sep/19

longman

12 hours ago, longman said:

there and back Jev , its only an hour from me  , plus only booked one day off

Cool man, we get back from somewhere on the 9th so a bit tight for us - will speak to the boss.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SilverWT said:

I'm also booked. :steering:

Anyone got a garage? My track tyres are only just legal, probably won't be for the return, so intend to swap wheels there.

Mark

I haven’t , happy to chip in on one though

Guys, after yet another bout of spanner rash this morning, as things stand I don’t have a car to do this in. Damn thing is getting worse not better plus I’ve discovered yet another nearly new busted CV boot meaning I now have to; make it run, fix crank sensor or whatever is throwing timing, finish mapping it, fix CV boot and MOT it before Tuesday. Oh, and I’m working every day busy at the weekend. 

Have spoken to MSV and they are happy to transfer names. Cost me £169. Say £100? Plus I have a deposit on a room at the local pub, the Angel which you can have too.

takers? Chris

Edited by Chris T
Spellcheck!

5 hours ago, Chris T said:

Guys, after yet another bout of spanner rash this morning, as things stand I don’t have a car to do this in. Damn thing is getting worse not better plus I’ve discovered yet another nearly new busted CV boot meaning I now have to; make it run, fix crank sensor or whatever is throwing timing, finish mapping it, fix CV boot and MOT it before Tuesday. Oh, and I’m working every day busy at the weekend. 

Have spoken to MSV and they are happy to transfer names. Cost me £169. Say £100? Plus I have a deposit on a room at the local pub, the Angel which you can have too.

takers? Chris

If you want to make one job easier then just lob one of these on They just pop over and glue together:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370901673037?ul_noapp=true

I did it as a temporary fix to get me through an MOT but it has outlasted the rubbish GKN ones by miles. No idea what the genuine Porsche ones are like.

Edited by ALEX P

6 hours ago, Chris T said:

takers? Chris

That’s a shame Chris , hope you get it sorted soon .. @jevvy coming?

Thanks guys. I've just run out of ideas to fix it TBH. Thought it was the TDC crank sensor, but that is the one of the two that HAS been replaced. I will change it again, but with a split CV boot and no MOT I'm out. Have fun.

Any takers for the day?? I will hand it back to MSV today (in the hope of some sort of refund) unless I hear but I'd rather somebody enjoyed it.

Chris.

if you can hang on a day (maybe two tops), I might be able to take it off your hands. Just seeing how my work programming is looking for next week but will have a better handle on it by Thursday/Friday as i've just got back from a two week holiday. 

balls I think i'm out sadly.  Just tried to tax my car online and found out the MOT has also expired. :banghead:   its all a bit too much on top of work plus i'm semi away this weekend, but if I can I will. I'll check the car over this eve and see if I can get it in somewhere short notice.

Chris, might as well get your refund.