Jump to content
Impact Bumpers
longman

Snetterton 300 10/Sep/19

Recommended Posts

hmmmm, you doing there and back on the day or playing out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jevvy said:

hmmmm, you doing there and back on the day or playing out?

there and back Jev , its only an hour from me  , plus only booked one day off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff. 

Will get it booked. 

Probably head up the night before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, longman said:

there and back Jev , its only an hour from me  , plus only booked one day off

Cool man, we get back from somewhere on the 9th so a bit tight for us - will speak to the boss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Cool man, we get back from somewhere on the 9th so a bit tight for us - will speak to the boss.

Cool , would be good to see you both 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also booked. :steering:

 

Anyone got a garage? My track tyres are only just legal, probably won't be for the return, so intend to swap wheels there.

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SilverWT said:

I'm also booked. :steering:

 

Anyone got a garage? My track tyres are only just legal, probably won't be for the return, so intend to swap wheels there.

 

Mark

I haven’t , happy to chip in on one though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, after yet another bout of spanner rash this morning, as things stand I don’t have a car to do this in. Damn thing is getting worse not better plus I’ve discovered yet another nearly new busted CV boot meaning I now have to; make it run, fix crank sensor or whatever is throwing timing, finish mapping it, fix CV boot and MOT it before Tuesday. Oh, and I’m working every day busy at the weekend. 

Have spoken to MSV and they are happy to transfer names. Cost me £169. Say £100? Plus I have a deposit on a room at the local pub, the Angel which you can have too.

takers? Chris

Edited by Chris T
Spellcheck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear that Chris. 

 

I contacted them them about a garage. None available. 

Just had a call as a garage had freed up so I’ve booked one for us at £30 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chris T said:

Guys, after yet another bout of spanner rash this morning, as things stand I don’t have a car to do this in. Damn thing is getting worse not better plus I’ve discovered yet another nearly new busted CV boot meaning I now have to; make it run, fix crank sensor or whatever is throwing timing, finish mapping it, fix CV boot and MOT it before Tuesday. Oh, and I’m working every day busy at the weekend. 

Have spoken to MSV and they are happy to transfer names. Cost me £169. Say £100? Plus I have a deposit on a room at the local pub, the Angel which you can have too.

takers? Chris

If you want to make one job easier then just lob one of these on They just pop over and glue together:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370901673037?ul_noapp=true

I did it as a temporary fix to get me through an MOT but it has outlasted the rubbish GKN ones by miles. No idea what the genuine Porsche ones are like.

Edited by ALEX P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chris T said:

Guys, after yet another bout of spanner rash this morning, as things stand I don’t have a car to do this in. Damn thing is getting worse not better plus I’ve discovered yet another nearly new busted CV boot meaning I now have to; make it run, fix crank sensor or whatever is throwing timing, finish mapping it, fix CV boot and MOT it before Tuesday. Oh, and I’m working every day busy at the weekend. 

Have spoken to MSV and they are happy to transfer names. Cost me £169. Say £100? Plus I have a deposit on a room at the local pub, the Angel which you can have too.

takers? Chris

That’s a shame Chris , hope you get it sorted soon .. @jevvy coming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. I've just run out of ideas to fix it TBH. Thought it was the TDC crank sensor, but that is the one of the two that HAS been replaced. I will change it again, but with a split CV boot and no MOT I'm out. Have fun.

Any takers for the day?? I will hand it back to MSV today (in the hope of some sort of refund) unless I hear but I'd rather somebody enjoyed it.

Chris.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you can hang on a day (maybe two tops), I might be able to take it off your hands. Just seeing how my work programming is looking for next week but will have a better handle on it by Thursday/Friday as i've just got back from a two week holiday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Mark, let me know ASAP. MSV were keen for me to cancel soon as poss for most chance of a refund. Let me know.

Chris.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris, if they are offering you a full refund then take it, I wouldn't want to you to lose out financially, otherwise I should know tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

balls I think i'm out sadly.  Just tried to tax my car online and found out the MOT has also expired. :banghead:   its all a bit too much on top of work plus i'm semi away this weekend, but if I can I will. I'll check the car over this eve and see if I can get it in somewhere short notice.

Chris, might as well get your refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'll ring them.

Chris.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a voucher back less £20 admin, looking forward to spending it in the spring! 

Have a great time guys.... SO wish my car worked ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve booked garage 25 for us for tomorrow 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...