New 3.2 injectors - Good deal

11 minutes ago, Anil said:

Appear to be Chinese replicas of the original Bosch injectors made by DF (Defus Injector).

These are also 4 hole injectors, compared to the originals, so better atomisation?

Nice deets Anil, you deserve a badge for that level of nerd :)

You heard of any feedback on them in use?

2 hours ago, jevvy said:

You heard of any feedback on them in use?

Sorry, but I had not heard of them until I clicked the Ebay link.

They actually look nicely made, and could be a more modern replacement for the originals. But who is going to be the guinea pig to test them out?

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Not fitted yet Chris - putting any spare time into finishing the 928 (complete engine rebuild) so hand are full.

Can confirm that they look top quality though!

Interesting! Had mine refurbished (cleaned) a few years ago. Was going to do the same as part of my fuel line work but these look an interesting option at the price.

My next question was 'what do you think of the build quality' but you've neatly headed that one off 😉

These will not work on a 3.2 without a remap. The flowrate is too high compared to OEM. IIRC OEM is the same as used on the 964 and flows 196 cc/min where these flow 240cc/min. Only suitable really for a 993.

Edited by ras62

3 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Hi Ras,

Where did you get the 196cc/min data from?

Bosch 0 280 150 158 Flow at 236cc/min, the alternatives flow at 240cc/min so should be fine.

Cheers

Yes - was also thinking the same.  I think flow rates for injectors are normally quoted at a nominal 3 bar working pressure.  The 3.2 fuelling system runs at a slightly lower prssure, 2.5 bar so quite possibly the actual flow from 240cc rated injectors will be nearer 200cc - maybe this is potential; source of confusion here ??  

I believe the 3.2 and the 964 run the same injectors 911-606-120-01 but I dont have the Bosch number to hand I'm afraid. I am sure they flow less than 200 (certainly in the 964) as I swapped to 240 cc/min Bosche red devils and they simply supplied too much fuel for the engine to run correctly. Fine in my new motor after mods and remap though. Difference between the 3.2 and the 964 is batch vs sequential injection.

With Bosch parts, the Porsche part numbers are a little hard to track, below are the correct equivalent Bosch numbers i believe:

Bosch number for 3.2 is 0 280 150 158 = 240 cc/min @ 3 bar

Bosch number for 964 is 0 280 150 731 = 193.9 cc/min @ 3 bar

So going back to the original point, the ebay injectors listed in Shirish's original post will be fine. Which is good cos I've already bought the things!

Should be a good option - they really are 6 for the price of one genuine item as Beaky recently found out.

I had some other Bosch injectors fitted when I went 3.4 (4 hole, but 3.2 flow equivalent) but then went to ASNU when I went Motec as they became saturated with sequential fire.

Again, flow rate for injectors is quoted at a standard 3bar. Actual flow will depend on fuel pressure setting.  From the injector specs quoted then it would indicate that the 964 is set to run at a higher pressure at full load than for a 3.2???

24 minutes ago, topcarrera said:

Again, flow rate for injectors is quoted at a standard 3bar. Actual flow will depend on fuel pressure setting.  From the injector specs quoted then it would indicate that the 964 is set to run at a higher pressure at full load than for a 3.2???

Yes - 964 injectors are designed to operate at a higher pressure:

image.thumb.png.33ce574ab6a216a941673b4891054e60.png

• 1 year later...
On 30/01/2020 at 13:23, R2D2 said:

With Bosch parts, the Porsche part numbers are a little hard to track, below are the correct equivalent Bosch numbers i believe:

Bosch number for 3.2 is 0 280 150 158 = 240 cc/min @ 3 bar

Bosch number for 964 is 0 280 150 731 = 193.9 cc/min @ 3 bar

So going back to the original point, the ebay injectors listed in Shirish's original post will be fine. Which is good cos I've already bought the things!

Have you installed these yet, was thinking of dropping some pennies on them?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6x-PORSCHE-911-CARRERA-TARGA-SC-3-2L-83-92-FUEL-INJECTORS-0280150158-93060612000/223651738464?hash=item3412aeb360:g:vbAAAOSwBOpdcOmj

11 hours ago, Nige said:

You know that they're aftermarket right Nige?

What's up with yours? You can get them refurbed/tested/new seals etc fairly reasonably or even buy a kit yourself.

Nothing wrong with mine, just thinking they're 30+ years old and have done over 150k miles.  Just thinking a bit of pre-emptive maintenance.

Shall I just leave alone?