Impact Bumpers
85targa

non porsche rated

Im having my wheels refurbished by excell wheels and got a call from him today saying that contis are no longer porsche rated and he suggested i fit michelin pilot exalto PE2. What exactly does non porsche rated mean and is it a problem if i go ahead with contis anyway, i know its been talked about before but i carnt find the thread. Has anyone fitted the michelins, personally my back up option would be SO2s.

Thanks

Timwheel.jpeg.cdb027fa40c72f92c34ae103ca896c2d.jpeg

Check he is not looking for N0 or N1 as the Contis are N2. My fitter couldn’t find them until I pointed that out and he is meant to be the expert 🙄

it the tears that seem to be the problem at £468 each unless I’m making a mistake

B0F2F867-3C27-4A52-ACED-AA46F0187794.jpeg

Thank you mr busybee, I really am crap at this internet search thing

tim

10 minutes ago, 85targa said:

Thank you mr busybee, I really am crap at this internet search thing

tim

Pleasure Tim. I like conti’s. Flipping good tyre. Have SO2’s too but they pick up stones on a gravel drive. Look cool bough 👍

Your wheels look superb 😎

Cheers

Haith

I’d just use camskill, and get S02 or Michelin.  Michelin known to be good, but usually not the quietest  tyre, although will last longer. Camskill service has always been excellent in my experience, TL might be OK.

Another option is to see what Demon Tweeks have. From experience, they tend to buy up large amounts of stock. So may well have what you need :)

After a long conversation with Chriss about his experience with tyre leaders, Tyre walls, tread patterns and what I use the car for Ive taken his advice and gone for the Michelin’s , I did look at demon tweeks and although they did show them in stock they took 5 days to dispatch

Thanks for all the advice

Tim