Show me your battery isolator mounts

I need to get a battery isolator on my car - I've got a couple kicking around, but no mount for them in the car. 

What have you guys done? any bright ideas on where to mount it (under the front trunk). 

Also, a question that might spark discussion.  Isolate earth not live, right?

Do a google search for 964 RS isolator. This is a very neat solution for a 911.

If required you can fit a couple of remote pull toggles; one on the rear corner of the boot lid and one on the dash.

They isolate the +ive side of the battery but have connections to the ignition switch, coil and link back to earth via a chunky resistor. 

If it is to kill the supply for storage, etc, I have one of these on the GT3:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-Battery-Disconnect-Isolator-Cut-Off-Switch-12v-24v-/172096775398

I put it on when I bought the car because it eats batteries for fun when parked up long-term.  Works really well.

(It is mounted on the earth terminal, by the way).

Edited by oliverjamesthomas

I have one similar to OJT and Steve, but mine has a fuse across the connector so radio memory not lost but won’t provide sufficient current to start the car. Still needs a trickle charger for long storage periods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Phill said:

@Northy I think people have missed your point. 

Lewis has the isolator he wants suggestions as to where to mount it.

Thats why I asked why he wants it as that affects how it is mounted / wired up.

If its just to isolate the battery to stop it draining then one of the simple solutions listed above is perfect and is super easy to fit. If he wants a proper engine cut-off switch then it needs mounting securely and wired up correctly as per @Leicestershire 's comment above.

13 minutes ago, Northy said:

That reminds me!  I've already got both of those types in the stash, I'll just fit the screw in one and leave little wire disconnected. That would stop it discharging the battery 👍

'kin hell!