Impact Bumpers
topcarrera

Cadwell this Tuesday 17th September 2019

Have booked MSVRs Cadwell Park track open pitlane trackday this coming Tuesday - weather looks good and OK price (£159).

Have been to Cadwell many times and love the circuit but has remained one of the few major tracks in the UK that the IB has yet to make an appearance.  A little bit nervous as the section from the mountain to the start finish always seems a bit tight and potentially unforgiving; just need to be sensible.

Anyone else fancy this? 

An IB is very good around Cadwell and I am sure you will have a great time! The mountain section is tight, but you can still carry a fair amount of speed once the tyres are warmed up. Unfortunately I am preserving the car for the last outing of the season at Shelsley Walsh, otherwise I would have been tempted to give it an outing. Will try to come up to watch.

Regards

Ian

aww damn, with a bit more notice I would have been up for this, I love Cadwell and been itching to go back there. I've got the same problems as last week, short deadlines and no mot or tax! but was planning on trying to get the car sorted Monday, would have been done this week until my rear tyre got punctured on the Ducati :( (you have to remove the exhaust to get the rear wheel off !)

4 hours ago, waddy said:

An IB is very good around Cadwell and I am sure you will have a great time! The mountain section is tight, but you can still carry a fair amount of speed once the tyres are warmed up. Unfortunately I am preserving the car for the last outing of the season at Shelsley Walsh, otherwise I would have been tempted to give it an outing. Will try to come up to watch.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian,

Come and say hello, woulkd be good to see you again.   You can give me some helpful hints; dont really know why but Cadwell strikes fear into me more than other circuits so will probably be driving painfully slow for the first few sessions.

It’s great in an IB Andy. You’ll love it. It’s one of my favourites.  Wish I could do it with you. 

9 hours ago, Northy said:

It’s great in an IB Andy. You’ll love it. It’s one of my favourites.  Wish I could do it with you. 

Same , cant believe it was 2012 when I last went...

Hi Andrew,

It was a lovely day at Cadwell Park today, but I assume you were unable to make it! Hope everything is okay and sorry to have missed you.

Regards

Ian

1 hour ago, waddy said:

Hi Andrew,

It was a lovely day at Cadwell Park today, but I assume you were unable to make it! Hope everything is okay and sorry to have missed you.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian,

Sorry to have missed you - game over for me at just after 11.  Shifting up from 3rd over start/finish section and couldnt find 4th. Linkage felt odd and back in paddock realised I only had 3rd and reverse gears. Years ago would have investigated and tried to fix, I guess that I'm getting old and lazy!   Limped home in 3rd on A roads and had a quick look earlier this afternoon - seems like the linkage coupling joint has given up - should be a quick fix, may just need rebushing.

My first lap out at just before 10 was red flagged after someone managed to leave a trail of oil from Park to the bottom of the mountain.  I then managaed a busy 20 minutes before I lost my gears.  Circuit is great just need another go with plenty of traffic free time to learn the lines and get some pace.  Chris curve to Mansfield is quite challenging to get right but the section that I thought that I would hate from Mansfield up the mountain through Hall bends to the hairpin I found OK - IB seemed relatively quick and surefooted through this part.

Annoyed day had to end so soon but will definitely be back ............  

Hi Andrew,

That is a nuisance, I had a similar experience in my Carrera 3 coming back from Goodwood once.

We were at Cadwell by 11.00, but went for a walk around the circuit and expected to see you circulating. By the time we got back to the paddock you had obviously left. Sorry to have missed you.

Yes the run to the Mountain is a great one and you can drift the car at the corner just before the jump. Let me know when you decide to go again and I will bring a spare linkage coupling with me (no doubt you won't need one if I do!). I have replaced mine with a Wevo coupling which I do recommend despite the cost.

Hope you get the car going quickly.

Managed to disassemble the coupling and rebuild with Superpro PU bushes - thanks to Type911 for quick service as usual!  

Surprised how sensitive adjustment is after refitting the coupling - took about 45 minutes to get things feeling right.  Took car for a test run to put through its paces and everything seems good!