Carrera 3.2 sport

Carrera2

Just now, Busybee said:

Wow! Who did that Inspection Report Graham? He's the guy you want! 

Dead right - if I ever buy another one I'd want him to do the report!

In fact I wouldn't mind him doing a one on my current car to see if it has any issues I'm not aware of!!

The guy who did the report was Michael Ward. 

www.vehicle-inspections.co.uk 
michael@vehicle-inspections.co.uk 

3 hours ago, Roy M said:

In fact I wouldn't mind him doing a one on my current car to see if it has any issues I'm not aware of!!

Thats what that report was!!! £1/4 mil car really shouldn't have that many faults though.

1 hour ago, jevvy said:

Thats what that report was!!! £1/4 mil car really shouldn't have that many faults though.

That's what I thought but was thrown by the line at the end - 

"re-identifying of 
the engine to match the identity of the vehicle offered for sale."

If I ever came to sell I'd be really tempted to get one of these done as part of the sale.

Would this be something to be concerned about. It's rust but how deep would this go. Probably hard to tell until you dig deeper but it's rust. Are most cars like this and trying to find one that's not got rust in this area could be difficult to find.

IMG_2161.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

Sorry to say I would be worried about that - typically your issues are down there beneath that area. The sticker looks to have potentially been removed and replaced as well so look very carefully for previous 'surface only' repairs. Having said that I don't have the sticker at all on my car!

I wouldn't reject for that but thoroughly inspect so you know what you're getting into.

Edited by Roy M

18 minutes ago, Carrera2 said:

Would this be something to be concerned about. It's rust but how deep would this go. Probably hard to tell until you dig deeper but it's rust. Are most cars like this and trying to find one that's not got rust in this area could be difficult to find.

IMG_2161.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

That could be surface rust, but as has been mentioned several times before, these cars rust from the inside, so I'd expect that to be the case here. You need to get the car on a ramp and have a good look underneath, remember the inner wheel arches will be covered with mud etc. so maybe difficult to see their condition, a look poke and scrape is needed. 

On 9/18/2019 at 6:01 AM, Carrera2 said:

They have done there own inspection is this enough.... would you get an independent inspection done? 

Unfortunately you can't rely on that as it could be biased.

An independent inspection is the way to go and will give you leverage to negotiate on anything they find. 

1 minute ago, Beaky said:

That could be surface rust, but as has been mentioned several times before, these cars rust from the inside, so I'd expect that to be the case here. You need to get the car on a ramp and have a good look underneath, remember the inner wheel arches will be covered with mud etc. so maybe difficult to see their condition, a look poke and scrape is needed. 

The inside of the arches are very clean and still red in colour no mud to be seen. I am waiting on more detailed photos of the inner cills and underneath the car.

Just now, Carrera2 said:

The inside of the arches are very clean and still red in colour no mud to be seen. I am waiting on more detailed photos of the inner sills and underneath the car.

That's a good sign but maybe not be conclusive.

Have a look as some of the bodywork (kidney bowls and sills) rebuild threads and you'll see what what people found hidden.

2 minutes ago, Dr Rock said:

That’s not surface rust- pull the seal out to see more.

Yea I have already asked for that to be done. Wonder what's under the chrome plate too.

7 minutes ago, Beaky said:

That's a good sign but maybe not be conclusive.

Have a look as some of the bodywork (kidney bowls and sills) rebuild threads and you'll see what what people found hidden.

That's what makes you over cautious looking at some of those pictures and really makes you wonder why you would spend money on one of these. 

6 minutes ago, Carrera2 said:

That's what makes you over cautious looking at some of those pictures and really makes you wonder why you would spend money on one of these. 

A good well sorted IB is a wonderful thing to own and use, if you rebuild one then you know exactly what is what!

The first photo shows rust as a result of the rust trap down the side of the kidney.

It doesn't look like a show stopper at the moment but its not going to improve and will need surgery to correct.

If you are happy with car factor in around £3k for this work.

Have you seen the standard IB body checklist for corrosion hotspots?

How are the inner wings in the front boot on the inside of the bumper mounts?