Impact Bumpers
Nige

Bicester Sunday Scramble - October 6th

Just now, Dr Rock said:

Fell off your new bike? :rolleyes:

😕 took the training wheels off too soon?

Bad backs are not fun, hope you mend quickly, hope to catch up another time

3 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

I’m out unfortunately, wrecked my back this morning. 😞

Digging an extra deep latrine trench ? 

18 minutes ago, GaryH said:

Digging an extra deep latrine trench ? 

Nope, believe it or not yoga 

How was C&M?

BH was pretty good I thought. Sensible numbers and excellent weather.

How I laughed when we were allowed entry with my £5 pre-90 tickets even though we arrived in an 18 plate car...

As usual, now scouring ebay/C&C/AT to see if I can afford any of the cars I drooled over...

On 10/4/2019 at 9:27 PM, Busybee said:

Going to caffeine and machine tomorrow late afternoon if anyone over that way. First time there. Any good? 

https://driveclassics.co/2018/10/29/is-this-the-coolest-car-spot-in-the-uk-right-now-caffeine-machine/

I have been once during the week, not taken the Porsche yet, but even during the week plenty of nice cars and busy.. good coffee and food + really friendly people.. The roads leading up are quite lively 😉 gave my little S1 a good run...

1 hour ago, SP72 said:

How was C&M?

How I laughed when we were allowed entry with my £5 pre-90 tickets even though we arrived in an 18 plate car...

As usual, now scouring ebay/C&C/AT to see if I can afford any of the cars I drooled over...

I was quite sad to find out that the Vanquish that took my eye was an Ian Callum creation - £400k!! 

3 hours ago, SP72 said:

How was C&M?

Hi Shirish. Sorry I missed seeing you today mate. Alan said he saw you. C&M was ok I guess. Not much car stuff inside (Harry Potter car with a massive motor) some nice posters. Few nice cars in the car park. We didn’t get there till quite late after a pint stop in Stratford and checking into the hotel. Burger was good. 

Enjoyed BH. Some lovely cars. Ruby 964RS was the one I’d have liked to take home (among others)

As usual, spotted a few ib cars but no 👁 🦌 where the owners where. We should get organised to meet for a coffee 👍

50 minutes ago, Busybee said:

🦌We should get organised to meet for a coffee 👍

+911 - we can do mini IB meets within other events. Seems a shame not to.

My top 3 were

Bentley Continental Mulliner - 90s version

Jensen interceptor mk2 - spoke to the nice owner of 30yrs

BMW e21 Alpina 

I saw your car Haith, plus Lewis’ and Starkey driving in - saw Nige leaving.

Spoke to some nice chaps at the Saab 900 pitch, one had been through 5 gearboxes after upgrading from 175-245 bhp. Put me off somewhat.

Nice little vid of proceedings

BH was good sorry I missed some of you but caught up with Nige and Rich, have to agree with comment above this was one of my favourites.cb587402e66108c0ae4ba85db21340fb.jpg

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This caught my eye, still deciding if I like it or not, love the idea but think the colour /shiny bling is a bit shouty and wrong for the off roady vibe going on :unsure:

IMG_2395.thumb.JPG.50f50044b875f97171a654cb3df687b6.JPG

I agree WC.  Ditch the chrome and all white wheels a la Rothmans.  Additional nerf bars in white too. 

Yeah, I didn't quite get it either.  Was all the right kit and properly built but it just felt a bit Suzuki Vitara chintz'd up from the 1990's in the middle of Essex.

15 minutes ago, Nige said:

Yeah, I didn't quite get it either.  Was all the right kit and properly built but it just felt a bit Suzuki Vitara chintz'd up from the 1990's in the middle of Essex.

You nailed it with that description, very well built, with lots of attention to detail, I'd love one in Rothmans too!

While walking past the Ferrari road car production line on my way to lunch my mates and I came up with the only possible explanation.......

Wife/girldfriend say's of course you can have a new Ferrari as long as I get to pick the colour scheme :lol: 

11 hours ago, World Citizen said:

This caught my eye, still deciding if I like it or not, love the idea but think the colour /shiny bling is a bit shouty and wrong for the off roady vibe going on :unsure:

IMG_2395.thumb.JPG.50f50044b875f97171a654cb3df687b6.JPG

I quite liked this. Safari/rally style for the urban jungle. Interior was very well done.  

And the Campags on the white car behind it were lovely! 

The Safari car is a Tutthils build isn't it? 

17 hours ago, pstarkey said:

BH was good sorry I missed some of you but caught up with Nige and Rich, have to agree with comment above this was one of my favourites.cb587402e66108c0ae4ba85db21340fb.jpg

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunning car that 

3 minutes ago, SP72 said:

Has anyone else read this thread on PH - apparently the car was at BH last weekend:

Yes been following since the start - such a cool car.

3 hours ago, jevvy said:

Yes been following since the start - such a cool car.

You not been tempted with a kettle (Cayenne aside) yet Jev? 

9 hours ago, ALEX P said:

You not been tempted with a kettle (Cayenne aside) yet Jev? 

yeah I have actually, been close to buying an early 996 a few times but never quite pulled the trigger. Nonsunroof, LSD is the spec :)