Impact Bumpers
Gio

New Exhaust on 3.2

So during my major service this year, the original exhaust is showing signs of corrosion. I understand the original boxes are double skinned and it is not currently blowing. I suspect it could last years, depending on how much it's gets driven.. I would not mind it sounding a little more fruity with a new set up. As mine is not a Sport model, it needs to suit the character of the car, so nothing too extreme. 

JZM put in their own performance chip during the service. Steve their tech director suggested it would go allot better and he was not wrong, it goes very nicely now..Cannot help think a new exhaust would compliment it nicely.  Any recommendations please? 

G

Turbo Thomas @turbo thomas has a new bolt on exhaust for a 3.2 Gio. It's not a traditional look but it does sound nice. Have a look at @Chris_911 thread on it. He seems to like it a lot. 

Have a read Gio 

6 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Have a read Gio 

Thanks, will read through..

What does the JZM chip change btw? More power, better throttle response? 

1 hour ago, Busybee said:

What does the JZM chip change btw? More power, better throttle response? 

Well, I suspect more power, as it certainly more keen in the mid range, throttle response also allot better. He mentioned it was an extra 4% advanced ignition, which to me means very little. I think Steve spent his earlier life racing 3.2's and pretty much tested all manor of performance upgrades on a dyno to squeeze out more performance. With allot of these things if you can feel it in the seat and improves the drive for me it is money well spent.. He also drilled some holes (three) in the air-box, so more induction noise.. I suspect it is something similar to the Steve Wong chip (which he also mentioned he tested)..

Spoke to Richard @turbo thomas myself today. What a helpful chap. That exhaust sounds like it'll be perfect for you Gio. You can have it with an upgraded pipe before the muffler (forget what that bit is called) if you want more volume. 

5 minutes ago, Busybee said:

You can have it with an upgraded pipe before the muffler (forget what that bit is called) if you want more volume. 

Pre silencer. Goes before the silencer....

Just now, Dr Rock said:

Pre silencer. Goes before the silencer....

Good man. Bought a car yet? Tempt you with Shirley Gold Finger? Or a white 912 project to stuff a massive motor in? 

26 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Spoke to Richard @turbo thomas myself today. What a helpful chap. That exhaust sounds like it'll be perfect for you Gio. You can have it with an upgraded pipe before the muffler (forget what that bit is called) if you want more volume. 

Thanks Busybee, is it a total custom job? Any idea of the costs vs the say Dansk system?

G

25 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Good man. Bought a car yet? Tempt you with Shirley Gold Finger? Or a white 912 project to stuff a massive motor in? 

Nope.

15 minutes ago, Gio said:

Thanks Busybee, is it a total custom job? Any idea of the costs vs the say Dansk system?

G

Off the shelf for the muffler Gio. Sure Richard won’t mind me saying, £899 for the muffler

12 minutes ago, Dr Rock said:

Nope.

All of it? 😂

14 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Off the shelf for the muffler Gio. Sure Richard won’t mind me saying, £899 for the muffler

All of it? 😂

Full exhaust cost?

TT get's my vote, new style is the best aftermarket system available at the moment.