Bought a Stoplock Pro

Beaky

Due to the increasing spate of car thefts, both modern and classic decided to invest in a Stoplock Pro for when I'm out and about with the IB.

At home its in the garage, on trips away we normally we try to find hotels with secure parking, but there's plenty of occasions when it's parked in a public car park or on the road.

This will never stop a professional, but hopefully it's enough to put most off.

1 hour ago, jevvy said:

Don't buy a branded "bargain" off ebay, reports of these having cloned keys and of course they get your address too.

Got it from Halfords

49 minutes ago, SP72 said:

Gets a decent review on autoexpress 

A bit more wieldy than my Disklok

Yup, that's why I went for it

hey boys did you know that this does not help you at all??Any garden cutters(bigger) and the thief cut the steering wheel and of he is.Beaky you do not have  my

911 lockhileld??  With this even if the steering wheel is off you cannot move the 911

have a look at the bottom on my link

black-lock_orig.jpg

Edited by proporsche

1 hour ago, Beaky said:

Got it from Halfords

Excellent. Are you going to add some more covert measures too? I like to disable ignition or fuel (somehow) so the car just turns over and will never start - a non starting car makes a lot of noise and draws attention quite quickly.

4 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Excellent. Are you going to add some more covert measures too? I like to disable ignition or fuel (somehow) so the car just turns over and will never start - a non starting car makes a lot of noise and draws attention quite quickly.

That's the next upgrade, will do went I add the oil cooler fan

A secret hidden switch that cuts the DME relay supply is easy and will do more to immobilize a car than any mechanical devise, loads cheaper too!

On an SC remove the fuel pump relay.

As mentioned before, professionals will take the car whatever you do

3 hours ago, proporsche said:

hey boys did you know that this does not help you at all??Any garden cutters(bigger) and the thief cut the steering wheel and of he is.Beaky you do not have  my

911 lockhileld??  With this even if the steering wheel is off you cannot move the 911

have a look at the bottom on my link

black-lock_orig.jpg

How resilient to cordless grinders and impact guns?

It just buys time against casual or amateurs.

Most classics are taken by organised teams taking to fulfill  orders.

The steering lock on old 911’s is not great. How this will stop a determined criminal loading the car on a flatbed or just starting the car ‘remotely’ ?

Hi,,cordless grinder does nothing the 911 lockshield it will take a long time if you would like to cut it off.It is made of 8,8 swedish steel.What impact gun do to the ignition?I tell you what .In my tests the car would actually take of by it self without the driver ..ask me how i know.While testing --the ignition el part got corrupted and the 911 took of on me...lucky me only to the wall in front about 50 cm;-)

To the ignition..the lock is actually pretty good ,have you seen it out of the car?It is 1 cmm steel which is inserted into the steering column -pipe.No way you can steer the vehicle if the rod is inside the rod.You cannot unscrew the 911 Lockshield either.

I tell 911 owners with my 911lockshield if you park it ,always park it head on and turn your wheels to one side this way is very difficult to load on tow truck.Most of the times your 911 will be on order and you would be followed for couple of days ..then will come the tow truck...

As for the 911 Lockshield - it will take me 40 minutes to remove it and i know how, nobody else does;-)

Edited by proporsche

5 minutes ago, proporsche said:

Hi,,cordless grinder does nothing the 911 lockshield it will take a long time if you would like to cut it off.It is made of 8,8 swedish steel.What impact gun do to the ignition?I tell you what .In my tests the car would actually take of by it self without the driver ..ask me how i know.While testing --the ignition el part got corrupted and the 911 took of on me...lucky me only to the wall in front about 50 cm;-)

To the ignition..the lock is actually pretty good ,have you seen it out of the car?It is 1 cmm steel which is inserted into the steering column -pipe.No way you can steer the vehicle if the rod is inside the rod.You cannot unscrew the 911 Lockshield either.

I tell 911 owners with my 911lockshield if you park it ,always park it head on and turn your wheels to one side this way is very difficult to load on tow truck.Most of the times your 911 will be on order and you would be followed for couple of days ..then will come the tow truck...

As for the 911 Lockshield - it will take me 40 minutes to remove it and i know how, nobody else does;-)

Cut a slot in the lockshield  then use a impact gun with a long slotted bit. 

I guarantee that I can beat your time by 30 minutes. 

The steering lock just needs the right technique. 

Ivan, your lockshield will only slow down someone, it won't stop someone

18 minutes ago, proporsche said:

Ivan, I think your product is a very good attempt at slowing a thief down but also think I could remove both your lockshield and the ignition barrel in seconds

Edited by World Citizen

3 hours ago, jevvy said:

I like to disable ignition or fuel (somehow) so the car just turns over and will never start - a non starting car makes a lot of noise and draws attention quite quickly.

I already have a car like that, even I cannot drive it away...... 

3 minutes ago, Leicestershire said:

Set up a demo.

Invite myself to show you how it’s done.

If we loose £100 each to a charity of your choice.

I'll let you try to take Ivan's dosh, I'll stick to trying to help him via PM

The more I know the more I know I don't know so wouldn't dream of publicly showing everyone how little I know :unsure:

Ha ha Ivan, engine is in it last time I looked, but problem after problem means it's still not running. PM me if you are bored enough for the full story... And now back to Stoplocks.

Chris.

• johndglynn changed the title to Bought a Stoplock Pro