World Citizen

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

By coincidence I’ve just this week bought my dream bike from when I was a young cyclist, a Colnago Master.  It’s beauutiful

picture to make the rest of us feel jealous 🤔

5 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

I haven’t got it yet, only paid earlier today and it’s coming by courier.  Blue, lovely lugs, lots of chrome and all Campagnolo.  It may go on a wall ......

Sounds lovely, would you hate me if I told you I once threw away a perfectly good brand new Pegoretti frame even when I knew what it was 😪 

Edited by World Citizen

Burners were never any good as the head tube was not a standard size so you could never upgrade the forks, head bearing or head stock. Give me a Haro Freestyler with Skyway Tuff IIs any day of the week 😎

7 minutes ago, Wingnonut said:

Burners were never any good as the head tube was not a standard size so you could never upgrade the forks, head bearing or head stock. Give me a Haro Freestyler with Skyway Tuff IIs any day of the week 😎

From the original lineup the Pro & Team were good bikes - Team bikes hand made in Japan. All the others had the down tube crimped to the bottom bracket. This joint had a tendency to fail at the most inconvenient moment.

9 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

By coincidence I’ve just this week bought my dream bike from when I was a young cyclist, a Colnago Master.  It’s beauutiful

You are going to love this it will be a joy to own and ride - an absolute thing of beauty!

Over the years I have owned numerous Italian cars / motorcycles all except the current road bike & motorcycle have had major issues. All the weaknesses are forgotten about when everything is working, the sun is shining and the road is good.

9 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Sounds lovely, would you hate me if I told you I once threw away a perfectly good brand new Pegoretti frame even when I knew what it was 😪 

I probably wouldn’t hate you but might start to question certain aspects of your sanity....

31 minutes ago, Leicestershire said:

You are going to love this it will be a joy to own and ride - an absolute thing of beauty!

Over the years I have owned numerous Italian cars / motorcycles all except the current road bike & motorcycle have had major issues. All the weaknesses are forgotten about when everything is working, the sun is shining and the road is good.

I’m certainly looking forward to it and i will definitely not be comparing to modern stuff.  Oh hang on, I probably will.  Craftsman built steel in this style will always look better than anything in carbon/aluminium and knowing it was pretty much the best at the time will help

33 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

Ok just received some pictures

6F984D04-04C6-4854-AECC-A1B654E53402.jpeg

469E6464-8FA8-4173-B3CE-73EADB7E2BFE.jpeg

A203FB0B-2A31-43FF-A975-D65974B46B83.jpeg

497FB4EB-2E65-4549-92DF-039F4CE02BC4.jpeg

Lovely. Was thinking that it was a current ‘Master’. This was a great find - enjoy.

29 minutes ago, Dr Rock said:

Exposed brake cables...:signs60:

Many modern carbon bikes can be specified with external cables. Must easier to maintain.

‘83/‘84. I bought the frame from John Pavey Cycles in 1995 and built it up and then in 2013 rebuilt it before I did the Tour de France climbs in the Vanoise. I’ve had the Rolls saddle since 1995.

No Shi*mano on it. :smash:

418C9DED-A7FD-4F28-83DB-94FFEC73702A.jpeg

7CFADC80-9513-4AD0-BEE8-FE8501462DCB.jpeg

EBA26E69-C64F-40BD-B692-EE3870DEFC03.jpeg

Modern wheels with clicher tyres? clip in pedals? 10 speed cassettes? All modern tosh! I SO miss my Columbus steel De Rosa on which I won 3 Western division junior champs ahhh...

wouldn't ride it though, heavy rubbish compared to modern stuff 😉

13 hours ago, Dr Rock said:

‘83/‘84. I bought the frame from John Pavey Cycles in 1995 and built it up and then in 2013 rebuilt it before I did the Tour de France climbs in the Vanoise. I’ve had the Rolls saddle since 1995.

No Shi*mano on it. :smash:

418C9DED-A7FD-4F28-83DB-94FFEC73702A.jpeg

7CFADC80-9513-4AD0-BEE8-FE8501462DCB.jpeg

EBA26E69-C64F-40BD-B692-EE3870DEFC03.jpeg

That’s lovely Fraser, crying out for a bit of chrome on that fork crown though.  

1E55EEF7-A034-4E79-96CB-850DF4BF8A75.jpeg