Re-imagined and not a Singer

World Citizen

On 10/7/2019 at 1:53 PM, Dr Rock said:

First 2 wheeled bike - Raleigh Chipper

All the best people started on a Chipper, Doc!!

Edited by Fuchs915

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Wingnonut said:

If you had a Chipper you moved to a Chooper. If you had a Striker you moved to Grifter. Those were the rules and you were one gang or the other 😎

Ha that's so true! I went the Striker / Grifter route but was always secretly enviously of my neighbours Chopper (ooh er). At least gear changes were a more ergonomic affair on the Grifter.

52 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

Ha that's so true! I went the Striker / Grifter route but was always secretly enviously of my neighbours Chopper (ooh er). At least gear changes were a more ergonomic affair on the Grifter.

I had a blue Boxer which I always thought was the little man's Grifter. Mine was "grifter" blue with the union jack motif.

Now if you were really posh you had a Vektar....

I'm an ex Commando and Grifter lad ! Happy carefree days, i'd be on it for hours and hours :D I did the longest paper round In my village as a lad which included treks through dark woods so that 'scrambler' style of bike was perfect. A chopper would have had me over the handlebars with semi exposed tree roots!

First bike was a Budgie
$_86.JPG

Then a Tomahawk:

8deb8d1dd92840f975b6931ab3a3c61e-large.j

The a Raleigh Milk Race (god I loved that bike):

$_86.JPG

Then I fell out of love with road riding and went through a number of crappy MTB's until getting some GT's and the Trek. No bikes bought since 1993!

I had a Chopper when I was very young - loved it. I was very naive back then and left it in the bike rack outside the playground while I played, unlocked. Guess what, when I came out it was gone. It didn't even occur to me that it had been stolen so I walked home and asked my mum if she had taken it home with her (I'm not even sure she was there in the first place!!). That was the beginning of the slippery slope into bitterness and twistedness which has resulted in me trusting nothing and no one. God I hate people :angry::cry::eusa_boohoo::rant_yellow:

17 hours ago, SP72 said:

- the Grifter was a heavy fucker IIRC

Yes, it certainly was. Mine was red (red is faster as we all know) and almost always had a playing card sellotaped to the forks for added coolness 😎. It ended its days with cow horn handle bars and painted orange (I was a little daft in my youth).