Impact Bumpers
Merv

G50 Tranmission mounts

Are these the same as the engine mounts?  I see several sets that say they are.

Not on a G50 although I think you can use the poly kits, just needs a bit more work

I wondered about that.  Just looking for a lead on which ones to buy for the tranny/street use.

I've never been sure, ended up installing some Rennline bushes.  Stiffer but noisier.

The only other info I managed to find was: The 915 uses the same pillow style for engine and transmission mounts; G50 does not.

The factory G50 transmissions mounts degrade, and are not serviceable. And it used to be that you had no option - eg going stiffer than stock wasn't available.

However, WEVO make a kit that allows you to replace pillows, or they'll do the work on your beam if desired https://www.wevo.com/Products/ChassisProducts/WevoChassisProducts-G50SSTransBeam.htm

It seems that the kit requires welding into the existing beam.  Starting to look like a complex one.

1 hour ago, Nige said:

I've never been sure, ended up installing some Rennline bushes.  Stiffer but noisier.

Which version did you go for?

New cross member is available currently  from OPC and is about £550+vat last I looked. 

you can remove the rubbers from the bar (drill and pry out) and replace with poly bushes which are the same as the engine mounts.  I did this and didn’t like the NVH so needed to find a second hand bar with good original bushes to swap back as once you go to the extent of destroying the bush you can’t swap back obviously. 

^^ pretty sure mine were swapped out for blue poly then at a later date GCR changed the poly bushes for normal ones. No complaints from me on either bushes, but I think you can replace the standard bushes on a G50 mount :twocents:

£791+ vat for the pucker thing

To be honest I thought mine were b*ggered but they took some removing and didn't look too bad on closer inspection but I was already committed.

1 hour ago, Merv said:

Which ones on that list Beaky.  Any images of fitting?

Polygraphic ones

Just to be clear these?  Was fitting reasonably straight forward?

I am interested in any rubber alternatives as well of course.

Mounts.png

27 minutes ago, Merv said:

Mounts.png

Correct, the old ones need to be levered out (heating them helps) then you can use these.

I just drilled loads of holes through them, then boshed them out. 

I have checked the bushings in there now. The rubber seems intact, in good condition and is not split or cracked. There is however, about a 2mm gap between the top of the bushing and the top retaining washer when the car is hanging on my hoist. When I put a jack under the transmission this gap closes and re-appears at the bottom of the bushing.  I guess this means that they need replacing? SuperPro bushings in Australia seem to have some history on these cars?

8 hours ago, Merv said:

Mounts.png

I think these can only be used as engine mounts on G50 cars?

Don't they just need tightening then?