Cayman R @ £40k?

Wingnonut

So I went to see Tom at 911V and the red CR.  

Car was everything I wanted it to be and everything you lot said it would be.  It definitely  felt more than a slightly lighter S. Felt really special in the way a GT3 does to a certain extent.  Would have bought there and then if between us we could have got the numbers to work.  Still hopeful a deal can be done but if that one goes then at least I know it was not a daft idea. Just how often do Red manuals come up!

And don’t worry. Current plan is the Boxster goes and the 911 stays for now. Which begs the question....... June’s Euro trip...... IB or CR?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

Just how often do Red manuals come up!

Haway man get your super dupa negotiating skills on the go and get it bought. All dealers like to end the week with a nice fruity sale and you could be blasting round the local roads all weekend :)

Bribes of beer and biscuits - whatever it takes!

does this help?

1007_Porsche_For_Sale_987VND4a_9.jpg

you guys have nice roads over there so cars like these make more sense. over here spending $50k on a used "slow" car is a tough sell. certainly people out there who buy them but CR's sit a loong time at dealers.

13 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

Which begs the question....... June’s Euro trip...... IB or CR?

Its entirely up to you - we are a broad church.  Gordon will be 997TT.  I will be 987 (or maybe another noughties car).  Fraser will be ???  The majority though will be IBs.

Personally, I love seeing other cars pushed to the limit and how they move with the road, how the suspension works, how they sound and how they put power down, etc.  I habitually lead the group, but enjoy following for these reasons.  For exactly those selfish reasons, bring whatever car you like as far as I am concerned.

6 hours ago, 786 said:

you guys have nice roads over there so cars like these make more sense. over here spending $50k on a used "slow" car is a tough sell. certainly people out there who buy them but CR's sit a loong time at dealers.

CR "Slow"?! Bloody hell. Don't you guys need 5 litres to pull out the garage over there? 

1 minute ago, Richard Bernau said:

Its entirely up to you - we are a broad church.  Gordon will be 997TT.  I will be 987 (or maybe another noughties car).  Fraser will be ???  The majority though will be IBs.

Personally, I love seeing other cars pushed to the limit and how they move with the road, how the suspension works, how they sound and how they put power down, etc.  I habitually lead the group, but enjoy following for these reasons.  For exactly those selfish reasons, bring whatever car you like as far as I am concerned.

IB trip with more other cars than IB's! What gives squadron leader?! 

16 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Hubba hubba!

1007_Porsche_For_Sale_987VND3_6.jpg

Think someone is as keen as you @Wingnonut 😂

15 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

At last count there were about 14-15 cars and 3-4 non IBs.

So far Rich. By June, be me at the back in Daisy and a proliferation of exotica up front! lol 

2 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

It was this shot that did it for me! 😍

Deal done. Collect next Saturday 😎

Car envy...................looks like a great car😎

An acquaintance owned a 996 GT2 and had a CR as a daliy, said the CR was much more fun to drive point to point that the GT2, which was just a ballistic missile when unleashed!

He did say that the CR was easily capable of handling a lot more power

5 hours ago, Busybee said:

CR "Slow"?! Bloody hell. Don't you guys need 5 litres to pull out the garage over there? 

haha i think the big problem here is roads suck and are mostly straight so handling isn't as much a priority as speed. 

congrats OP, guards red CR is lovely.