Impact Bumpers
Busybee

Seat rail bolts and clipped washers

Anyone have any seat rail Allen head shallow bolts and the clipped washers spare? Received a parcel from France with bits but it was damaged in transit and some bits must have fallen out. Photo to show what arrived. 

72961315_10220398713025686_3060956576916439040_n.jpg

They're readily available - look for low head cap screws or low head socket screws. Clipped washers more difficult but that's what your files are for!

Edited by Roy M

3 hours ago, Roy M said:

They're readily available - look for low head cap screws or low head socket screws. Clipped washers more difficult but that's what your files are for!

Yeah thanks Roy. The ones on Ebay etc are all either bright zinc plated or stainless. Clipped washers. Hmmmm. Rubbing off the coating mate. Sacrilege! 

2 minutes ago, Phill said:

Thanks Phill. I have hex head bolts at the minute too. They are supposed to be shallow head allen cap bolts. Like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M8-8mm-LOW-HEAD-CAP-SCREWS-A2-STAINLESS-STEEL-HEXAGON-SOCKET-ALLEN-KEY-BOLTS/361840524504?hash=item543f603cd8:m:m686AphSeQKJHqy7TK0wNTw

8 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Yeah thanks Roy. The ones on Ebay etc are all either bright zinc plated or stainless. Clipped washers. Hmmmm. Rubbing off the coating mate. Sacrilege! 

I would be happy using stainless for both in this application. It would be interesting what Porsche would supply now given the bad press cadmium gets!

Lots of low grade stainless fixings on sale at the moment. Cheaper to make stainless vs bright plated steel. Anything doing a bit of work is better in a bright plate 10.9 grade.

1 hour ago, Leicestershire said:

Lots of low grade stainless fixings on sale at the moment. Cheaper to make stainless vs bright plated steel. Anything doing a bit of work is better in a bright plate 10.9 grade.

That was my fear. Lot of weight being transferred on the bolts in my case from accelerating and decelerating 😂. Reckon stick with the passivated steel jobbies the good Doc prescribed. 

59 minutes ago, fat fuchs said:

I have some Haith. How many do you need?

Ahh thanks andrew. Top man. It’s 6 bolts per seat on the post mid 80’s cars isn’t it? If that’s the case I need two bolts and three clipped washers? 

13 hours ago, Busybee said:

That was my fear. Lot of weight being transferred on the bolts in my case from accelerating and decelerating 😂. Reckon stick with the passivated steel jobbies the good Doc prescribed. 

Ahh thanks andrew. Top man. It’s 6 bolts per seat on the post mid 80’s cars isn’t it? If that’s the case I need two bolts and three clipped washers? 

I'll dig them out today Haith. If you PM me your address again I'll post them out to you.

Best

A

6 minutes ago, fat fuchs said:

I'll dig them out today Haith. If you PM me your address again I'll post them out to you.

Best

A

Thanks buddy. My shout for lunch when you come to Wales 👍

Cheers

Haith

15 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Thanks buddy. My shout for lunch when you come to Wales 👍

Cheers

Haith

Haith these are the bolts I have, as removed from an SC seat but they look different to yours. They are fully threaded and have spring washers rather than clipped. Let me know if you still want them?

IMG_1138.thumb.JPG.d7d8e93968645321ed940fd3bd691240.JPG

Hiya Andrew. Thanks for looking and digging those out. If they're no use to you, I'll happily have them. Bit of a polish and they'll be fine. Might even spray my whole set black. Outlaw! 😎😂

Edited by Busybee

5 hours ago, Busybee said:

Hiya Andrew. Thanks for looking and digging those out. If they're no use to you, I'll happily have them. Bit of a polish and they'll be fine. Might even spray my whole set black. Outlaw! 😎😂

Also found some of the semi threaded ones now Haith so will send both

Cheers

A

Ahh thanks Andrew. Appreciated 👍

Thanks Andrew. Top man. BB is looking great btw. Love your attention to detail 👍

Let me know what I owe you btw please Andrew 👍

Ahh thanks 🙏 Andrew. 

On 10/16/2019 at 7:18 PM, fat fuchs said:

They're on me fella

Thought I’d already replied. 🙈 Sorry Andrew. All arrived. Thanks again buddy 👍🙏