Shell vs. BP vs. Esso Bioethanol content

Okay I will try remove the fuel from my car I imagine the easy way would-be take one pipe off the fuel pump and run it dry ?. Then I will research what's in the area and get back yo you guys in once did start to ring petrol station but once i realized they had not a clue what I was asking I gave up 

Edited by Andrew911sc

... or just undo the drain plug (providing it comes out and the tank isn't too full) ??

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Local news reports on a teeside refinery manufacturing ethanol for E10 fuels - supposedly being introduced in September 2021.

MP on TV obviously had absolutely no idea what he was talking about ( nothing new there though)

do all branches of esso have the super?  There's only one Esso garage in my area and its small so not sure if they have it. (as I keep thinking of signing up to the PCGB Esso card for Ethanol free and discount fuel)

On 15/10/2019 at 10:24, MarkJ said:

anyone got one of those esso fuel cards through PCGB? I very rarely use Esso so didn't bother but wondered if worth going out my way to fill up with one of their loyalty cards ?

Guys my local Esso station is where I go to refuel with 99 Ron Supreme, I use a fuel card issued by fuelpecker (for Esso). It saves me, wait for it......6p per litre! On a full tank that's approx. £4 off. Not only that, any member of my family can use my card on any of their cars, petrol or diesel. Every type of fuel has a per litre saving which varies depending on the standard cost per litre.

I have no affiliation, just wanted to point out the savings we can make. I emailed the website and they sent me the card. You link it to a debit card and a few days after using their card your debit card is charged with the actual cost minus the discount applied. Hope you all find that potentially useful.

BTW fuelpecker is independent of Esso (https://fuelpecker.com/user). On the page shown click on the link to email them to join, they will then send you a link to register.

Edited by SurlySurdi
  • Like 1

Dear Chris,

Thanks for your mail. 

At the present time, due to covid, Fuelpecker is not accepting any new customers nor issuing any more cards until further notice. 

We have taken note of your request and details.

Tom

2 hours ago, Chris_911 said:

Dear Chris,

Thanks for your mail. 

At the present time, due to covid, Fuelpecker is not accepting any new customers nor issuing any more cards until further notice. 

Tom

Such a shame, I’m sure they’ll be accepting new members soon enough, bl&%*y covid!

On 03/03/2021 at 20:52, Chris_911 said:

Dear Chris,

Thanks for your mail. 

Tom

was that through PCGB Chris or as an independent customer?