Impact Bumpers
SP72

One for Doc

I wouldn’t have another IB after losing it to an accident/ fire or sale , I’ve loved mine over the last 11 yrs but there is so much other stuff to be had for similar costs or less

No point in the Dr paying a premium for a low mileage car. Doubtful if it would stay that way for long!!

14 hours ago, ALEX P said:

No point in the Dr paying a premium for a low mileage car. Doubtful if it would stay that way for long!!

If irs an IB, then he can have Longmans; it's a proven good and quick car

+1 the TT seems good value.  Also suggests to me that values are softening all over the 911 spectrum.  Buyers market.

23 hours ago, Richard Bernau said:

+1 the TT seems good value.  Also suggests to me that values are softening all over the 911 spectrum.  Buyers market.

Awesome.  Give you 10k for that turbo Rich 😜

1 hour ago, Richard Bernau said:

From being a died in the wool manual-evangelist, I now wouldn't rule out pdk.  Sacrilege, I know...

Horses for courses I would say. PDK in a turbo 911 where it is all about go, or an all out track car where it is all about times but not in a blatting road car where the fun is the interaction with the car and the road.  

My best example would be GT3 Manual , GT3RS PDK maybe 🤔

1 minute ago, Wingnonut said:

Horses for courses I would say. PDK in a turbo 911 where it is all about go, or an all out track car where it is all about times but not in a blatting road car where the fun is the interaction with the car and the road.  

My best example would be GT3 Manual , GT3RS PDK maybe 🤔

+1 I agree. A pdk is easier, probably faster. More suited to racing or town driving imho. Manuals are where it’s at for fun twisty road driving. Stating the right gear at the right revs to power out of a bend is a sublime feeling.

4 hours ago, Beaky said:

Not sure why its listed as “by Lorinser” - appears to only have the wheels and steering wheel

Liked my 560 but didn’t love it; it looked better than it drove - you could tell it was a 70’s design

ECE13A5B-BFC8-4EB8-A7E3-163BDFF8B421.jpeg

On 10/28/2019 at 1:01 PM, jellyfishfields said:

Does anyone know this car, or been to see it?

Would appreciate any comments from anyone.

A similar car here - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202806914452

22 hours ago, Busybee said:

+1 I agree. A pdk is easier, probably faster. More suited to racing or town driving imho. Manuals are where it’s at for fun twisty road driving. Stating the right gear at the right revs to power out of a bend is a sublime feeling.

My thinking is a little different.  The reason I wouldn't rule it out is that in order to get the most from any fun car, I am now firmly in the camp that it has to be more than just high days and holidays, so ease and practicality matter.  Having £50-100k tied up in fun or toy car/s is (I think) kind of selfish if (a) it sits in the garage and (b) my wife either can't or has no interest in driving it.

So, on the right road, at the right time, etc, would I have a marginal preference to be driving Daisy and making the perfect heel-n-toe gearchange?  Possibly.  But the daily ownership and driving of something that ticks more boxes more often makes more sense for me at this point in my life.  

PDK is very good and with the flappy paddles can be nearly as fun as a manual, just less leg work.

Question:, with new Porsche's having so much power picking the wrong gear (downshift from 5 to 1), or unsettling it mid corner can cause considerable damage/end up in the wall,  is the PDK also a safer option.

I'd pick a PDK Cayman R over a manual, I get all the manual enjoy out of my IB. 

4 hours ago, Richard Bernau said:

But the daily ownership and driving of something that ticks more boxes more often makes more sense for me at this point in my life.  

I have been mulling this over for some time myself. My SC is sat in the garage (last washed some time in July, before the Silverstone classic). I don't remember when My 924 was washed - prolly not this year. They're just sat there as life gets in the way. Something fun that is also more of a daily driver would make better sense for me at the moment. My wife wont drive either and has no interest.

19 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

I have been mulling this over for some time myself. My SC is sat in the garage (last washed some time in July, before the Silverstone classic). I don't remember when My 924 was washed - prolly not this year. They're just sat there as life gets in the way. Something fun that is also more of a daily driver would make better sense for me at the moment. My wife wont drive either and has no interest.

Exactly why I decided to get the Cayman R. Driving to the station is both easy and fun! 😂

19 minutes ago, Wingnonut said:

Exactly why I decided to get the Cayman R. Driving to the station is both easy and fun! 😂

I can see increased demand for these Cayman R's, anyone in the market better be quick

11 hours ago, Richard Bernau said:

My thinking is a little different.  The reason I wouldn't rule it out is that in order to get the most from any fun car, I am now firmly in the camp that it has to be more than just high days and holidays, so ease and practicality matter.  Having £50-100k tied up in fun or toy car/s is (I think) kind of selfish if (a) it sits in the garage and (b) my wife either can't or has no interest in driving it.

So, on the right road, at the right time, etc, would I have a marginal preference to be driving Daisy and making the perfect heel-n-toe gearchange?  Possibly.  But the daily ownership and driving of something that ticks more boxes more often makes more sense for me at this point in my life.  

Yup, I get that. Guess certain cars fit our lives at different times. For me, old Porsche’s are just cool. The whole experience of owning, caring for, driving. I don’t need to use them every day. But when I do, it’s an occasion. Mrs has absolutely no interest in driving them. Luckily for me, she loves the way they look and even more luckily, she loves how I love them. 

Cayman R is a super cool car. I’ve just come back from a few days in Birmingham and driven my Boxster there, around whilst there and back. Quite honestly, I need more power. I’ve had it a few years now (987 2.7) and as good as it is, I’m fairly used to it now and want more toys and go. No idea what to get as so many good cars. 981, 997, 997 gen2, 996 turbo. 

Drove an s line q3 Quattro today on the way home and that was lovely and comfortable. Quiet! Complete contrast to Daisy