Sports Seats

Merv

My '88 came from the factory fitted with these sports seats.  I have read in different places that they were 'part leather', "leatherette', etc.  What was the material used in these?  The side bolsters on the uprights are certainly leather.  They are electrically adjustable and extremely comfortable, possibly the best seats I have had in a Porsche.

IMG_20191018_073647.jpg

Edited by Merv
adding

8 hours ago, Merv said:

My '88 came from the factory fitted with these sports seats.  I have read in different places that they were 'part leather', "leatherette', etc.  What was the material used in these?  The side bolsters on the uprights are certainly leather.  They are electrically adjustable and extremely comfortable, possibly the best seats I have had in a Porsche.

IMG_20191018_073647.jpg

Front faces are leather , sides and rear are leatherette .. plastic leather .. same as in mine , more comfy than a comfy thing 😀

F5EB7988-A9F3-470D-877A-0730C52EA4BC.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Merv said:

Thanks.  I would have sworn that the bolsters were leather by the apparent grain. No point in using Leatherique then!

Ripper seats, however.

PS Like the radio Longman.  Have the same. 

Facings on bolsters are leather Merv. Its the sides and back that are leatherette crap 

My favourite seats. Early Recaro Turbo's. Same kind a pensioner got mugged for recently on here 

69973191_10220062799268052_7661244366320566272_n.jpg

25 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Facings on bolsters are leather Merv. Its the sides and back that are leatherette crap 

Mine were all leather after rebuilding :cry:

3 minutes ago, Dr Rock said:

Write the trip report yourself :smash:

I'm lucky if I get one week a year that I can hoon about the place. I go on holiday for a week with the Mrs and reply to emails every morning. Hard life at the bottom mate 

That's why I'm out most weekends doing stuff :)

Tsk tsk. You are like my mate Jon - company director at his Da's engineering firm, but can only go on holiday for a week at certain times of the year, as if he isn't at work, nothing gets done :doh2:

My car has full Extended leather (can’t remember the option code) so all the seat coverings including the seat back are leather. Sounds great but it’s a pain in the butt when you have kids squashed in the back! 
Also a leather dash isn’t great as it warps when the leather tightens over time. Leather everywhere! even the end caps on the door tops are leather trimmed!

anyhoo just saying you can have all leather and no leatherette. 

11 minutes ago, Wingnonut said:

My car has full Extended leather (can’t remember the option code) so all the seat coverings including the seat back are leather. Sounds great but it’s a pain in the butt when you have kids squashed in the back! 
Also a leather dash isn’t great as it warps when the leather tightens over time. Leather everywhere! even the end caps on the door tops are leather trimmed!

One more sleep 

52 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Nahhh. Get on it dude. Long time dead so suck it up and get one bought. Where else am I gonna read about near 6000 mile road trips! 

Bicester isn't in Europe, not far enough to count as a road trip, much more fun to do a road trip than read about one,

Bribe Queen Busy Bee with a new frock or say you're just popping out for a few days on a supplier visit

Long time dead is a myth ;)

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Bicester isn't in Europe, not far enough to count as a road trip, much more fun to do a road trip than read about one,

Bribe Queen Busy Bee with a new frock or say you're just popping out for a few days on a supplier visit

Long time dead is a myth ;)

Not Mrs Bee that stops me Stephen. Its the kind of business and size of operation I'm afraid. Too small to have minions, too big to neglect calls. Not moaning. Good little business we have built from a kitchen stove and hey, I'm in my slippers most of the time :) Give me a few years and I'll be retired in France boring you all (even more so than now) of my exploits in a porsche. For now, Bicester it is. Brexit permitting that is 🙄

30 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Not Mrs Bee that stops me Stephen. Its the kind of business and size of operation I'm afraid. Too small to have minions, too big to neglect calls. Not moaning. Good little business we have built from a kitchen stove and hey, I'm in my slippers most of the time :) Give me a few years and I'll be retired in France boring you all (even more so than now) of my exploits in a porsche. For now, Bicester it is. Brexit permitting that is 🙄

I can sympathise, same here, just not enough of me to go around but I've no desire to set up a consultancy employing extra help

I'd lose the ability to turn my work on and off and would have to be less picky choosing what work I do

9 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

I did read about that option.  Here with our heat - a leather dash would be a disaster.