Fuchs 9 x 16 Fuchs - any clearance issues

964LWT

Looking at putting these on my ‘81 SC and moving the 7’s to the front. I had the suspension set quite low a while back and was wondering if anyone has had issues with clearance on the rear when fitting the 9’s to a low slung G body car ?....

Depends on tyre choice, ride height, geo / amount of neg camber and whether you've rolled your lips or not.

Basic answer is yes, 9" are fine on the rear but you may need to tweak one of the above. Or not.

2 hours ago, Dr Rock said:

Didn’t Mark (Silverwt) have rubbing after a track day? And Topcarrera as well? 

High speed bottoming out on track only and then only in the dip at the bottom of the downhill section after Paddock hill bend at Brands.

Not had a problem at other tracks, or any time on road.

That's with 245/45s and 6mm shims.

Mark

32 minutes ago, Fuchs915 said:

If it’s standard body, you may find 7’s rub on the front and may need to roll the arches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine only rubbed when the front was lowered: back up to factory ride height and I undid the arch rolling...

well 964.... your 911 is pretty low.. the shocks have no way to work for you ..no travel for them ....if you lower your 911 this much, i would imagine you have to roll your fenders but again it is way toooo low..i have on my 911 8th on front and 9th offset in the rear an i did not have to do any rolling on fenders ..haw about them apples;-)

ivan

after sleep.jpg

Edited by proporsche

12 hours ago, proporsche said:

your 911 is pretty low.. the shocks have no way to work for you ..no travel for them

+1

At that height the both the ride and handling will be compromised and you are likely to get rubbing with 9s depending on how stiff your bump stops are and the camber. This will not be at the edge of the rear wing, but a bit further up in the arch. The heat generated will blister the paint, don't ask how I know...

IMAG1825.thumb.jpg.bd3a74f78d421170034b37c519466fb3.jpg

IMAG1829.thumb.jpg.f1003e73a90e1dab8f7a78723de60c22.jpg

She actually looks lower in the shot than it is, and handles so well and flat, but obviously not as chuck-able as my old RS. It doesn’t ground out either, and the rear still sits higher than the front.....as it should. 

That said, I think i’ll go for 8’s at the rear. I’ll have her geometry re checked and adjusted afterwards.....

I have done the move of the 7's to the front and have 9's on the rear, I needed to roll the arches on the front which I did my self, I wrote an article which is somewhere on this forum.  I have a Tuthills first road setup and no clearance issues.

IMG_1167.JPG

• 2 weeks later...