Impact Bumpers
Anil

Oil Tank Refurb Help

46 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Good work Anil.

I've been using these quite a lot recently and really like them. They flare out with RPM which really helps get into nooks and crannies without taking any metal off which some abrasives can do.

3M-Scotch-Brite-Roloc-Bristle-Disc-RD-ZB

They last quite well too as long as you are careful around sharp edges. I mainly use them with the air tools but also bought a mini die grinder / angle grinder thingy for when I cant be bothered to fire up the compressor or trying to make a bit less noise.

https://www.aimtools.co.uk/products/katsu-hobby-art-mini-electric-special-narrow-places-angle-grinder-3

61OxNn-JH5L._SL1000_1024x1024.jpg?v=1544

Looks a bit budget and is super cheap but I've given it death for hours on end and its still going strong. Needs an adaptor to fit the 3m bristle discs which can be found on ebay but then you can use any roloc disc type on it which makes it quite versatile.

Great tool Jev, thanks for the info. Will be ordering for sure.

10 minutes ago, Phill said:

Great tool Jev, thanks for the info. Will be ordering for sure.

It was a gamble purchase but its worked out really well and certainly feels less like its trying to kill you like a full size angle grinder sometimes can.

Adaptor: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roloc-Adapter-for-Katsu-mini-angle-grinder-3-inch-75mm-others-roll-lock-adaptor/223548672968?hash=item340c8a0bc8:g:SZQAAOSwEaxcesHP

58 minutes ago, jevvy said:

certainly feels less like its trying to kill you like a full size angle grinder sometimes can.

Yep, that's why I don't have an angle grinder !

But thanks for the heads up on the mini grinder. Looks like a great little tool that even I could handle. Cheers ! 

3M 2" Roloc medium Scotch-Brite discs are used to abrade composite parts as not too aggressive but give a very good keyed surface for bonding

Would be the ideal with Jev's grinder for abrading off old paint

My 9" grinder with a diamond disc scares me more than my 3" grinder but in my list of 'power tools I own that scare me' it only ranks 4th :blink:

Come on then, what are your top three?

18 minutes ago, Phill said:

Come on then, what are your top three?

The top 3 are all bedroom related and not to be discussed on a family friendly Porsche forum :whistling:

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

3M 2" Roloc medium Scotch-Brite discs are used to abrade composite parts as not too aggressive but give a very good keyed surface for bonding

Would be the ideal with Jev's grinder for abrading off old paint

My 9" grinder with a diamond disc scares me more than my 3" grinder but in my list of 'power tools I own that scare me' it only ranks 4th :blink:

Phill has experience with 9" on grindr...........................................:cry:

Top 3 list is.................

9” Makita hand circular saw, I'm used to holding a 9" tool in one hand ;) this required two hands and full concentration, happily stolen, not forgotten, the fear lives on :unsure:

16” Husqvarna masonry chop saw, chopped a whole house of stone with it, only in 2nd place because it was on a stand and it cooled me off with refreshing slurry spray

12” Dewalt radial arm saw, very versatile, also the best weapon for firing wood across a workshop :o

6 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

9” Makita hand circular saw, I'm used to holding a 9" tool in one hand ;) 

Brilliant, we'll line them up....

A while ago I was chopping skirting boards with my chop saw and had to walk away when the call of the void was urging me to put my hand in it! 

Maybe I should get some professional help 🤪

On 10/21/2019 at 10:53 PM, longman said:

Don’t give it to @tea boy 😂

I don’t know what you’re inferring dude. 😀

1 hour ago, tea boy said:

I don’t know what you’re inferring dude. 😀

What are you doing back here? thought you only hung out on retrorides.com and readersmilfs.com nowadays. 

p.s. copy your updates into here too 👍

Edited by Northy

29 minutes ago, Northy said:

What are you doing back here? thought you only hung out on retrorides.com and readersmilfs.com nowadays. 

p.s. copy your updates into here too 👍

Mainly on milfs, don’t know if the updates from that are suitable for here.

Scratch building a tank between drinking tea and brown booze.

7C6F920F-6CD6-49A4-807D-5F137F2E111C.jpeg

According to Facebook you seem to spend most of your time at JJs cafe.

12 hours ago, Nige said:

According to Facebook you seem to spend most of your time at JJs cafe.

Yay JJ’s! 😀