1993 3.8 «RS» engine complete rebuilt

axel

350 bhp packageimageproxy.php?img=&key=26d24dfdaa8bd0ebComplete with a freshly built  Instant G package. DC20 cams. http://www.instant-g.com/products/36conversions/3-6-engine-information/the-truth-about-3-8s-2. everything top of his line with twin cats with sensor ports and resonating tips.  1.78 inch headers which are for 3.8 or 4.0 liter. Even has an extra varioram intake. 22.000 gbp ONO. Got a full Wiring loom and ecu too. 

407FD1A2-B627-4BC8-A82A-ADE4DBBB85DA.jpeg

EAB35AA6-FD83-4D50-B759-2D9F39B07497.jpeg

3F5B9081-BDE6-44D8-877E-035BA002D4B3.jpeg

F06C4D9C-1C4F-4A70-B0DC-BB2C537D8F53.jpeg

Edited by axel
Forgot to add bhp

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its a 3.8 on aggressive cams with a full system and a varioram intake , standard intake is on now . Instant G delaware US built it

DC20 is slightly more than rs I think , nothing extreme agreed. Nice cams though

Its a reef system I think yes 

• 1 month later...

I got some interest but I wanted richard to do a leakdown first. he finally got round to doing it :)

Dynorun oh I Dont know, sounds like a alot of work to me ;)

16 minutes ago, axel said:

I got some interest but I wanted richard to do a leakdown first. he finally got round to doing it :)

Dynorun oh I Dont know, sounds like a alot of work to me ;)

Ok a bench run? Lot of dosh for a poor welshman. And it doesn't even come with a flashy G50 gearbox! lol 

I think a bench run is what I initially meant to be honest 👴

2 hours ago, axel said:

Engine inspected and Leakdown test at Richard Chamberlain 25130F95-FC04-4272-B6A3-69BD8CB58D02.thumb.jpeg.8c4973731a70cfa96fd646b53d5a6f07.jpg.864199931ae0eafbb2b0aa3983c109cd.jpg

Nicely typed up test report on letter headed paper to go in the history file might help the sale :twocents:

Looks as convincing as the made up note I wrote out from my mum when I left my PE kit on the bus :D

Edited by World Citizen

Its written by Richard Chamberlain of CTR Developments where the engine is located and can also be inspected. 

If you think a computer written statement is gonna carry more authority, then who am I to argue. 

I can vouch for Richard and havent heard of anyone who wouldnt. 

this is the numbers, take them at face value. 

not questioning Richards credentials just the delivery of the results and the provenance something more professionally written would give when the next owner comes time to sell

if you have a queue of customers throwing money to buy who am I to argue

It is important.  I had the same thing on my CSL with the tech just scribbling notes on a piece of paper.  I now have it all typed up on BMW Peterborough letterhead and tucked away in the file.  Presentation does matter.  I have discovered that the English love nothing more than a good bit of bureaucracy and the right piece of paper.  Its a cultural thing. 

Being more positive for a second, there are a bunch of 3.6s in racecars in the US running Motec plus Supercup cams that make 320-330hp, so your 350hp is IMHO perfectly feasible.  Similarly, 9M would get the same from Motec + 3.8 + RS+ cams. It would be a stonking engine in a LW car.

14 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

Being more positive for a second, there are a bunch of 3.6s in racecars in the US running Motec plus Supercup cams that make 320-330hp, so your 350hp is IMHO perfectly feasible.  Similarly, 9M would get the same from Motec + 3.8 + RS+ cams. It would be a stonking engine in a LW car.

How do you think this motor would suit Daisy Richard? Too much? Limit her usage rather than open it up further?