Impact Bumpers
saxon46

Plugs gentleman please

Looking to replace the plugs on my 3.2 carrera....... wr4cc's would they be the plug of choice

thanks

do you have catalyst? if not use these ...if yes wr5dc will do 

Ivan

Any advantage for going for the high end plugs guys? The platinum or multi electrode? 

Did a bit of testing on plugs 3 years ago.

Always surprised that the standard plug for a 3.2 is a hotter grade over the earlier CIS cars.

If everything is 100% - a NGK BR 10 EIX gave the best result in a single plug engine.

For day-to-day fit and forget Bosch Super 4 are very good.

1 hour ago, Leicestershire said:

Did a bit of testing on plugs 3 years ago.

Interesting, do you mind sharing more details of this?

here an official plugs list what you should use- above i made a mistake WR7DC should have been...

carrera spark pl.jpg

Edited by proporsche

Would I be correct in saying the R in WR7DC indicates it’s a resistor plug? I’m having huge interference issues with a Canems ECU who recommend resistor plugs for this very issue. 

I have resistor plug with no interference issues at all (that I'm aware of).

You should use resistor plugs the connectors are made for those plugs

Ivan

8 hours ago, jevvy said:

Interesting, do you mind sharing more details of this?

Just basic observations nothing too scientific.

Pulled car out from hibernation.

Ordered a set of super 4 as part of a service kit but was sent standard plugs. Made supplier aware of problem and a set super 4 was sent out in post. While cross referencing the 6 incorrect plugs I found that BR10EIX were a cross reference for other applications. I already had 4 new BR10EIX on the shelf. These are expensive motorcycle plugs at £15 each but inspired by the BS on various forums ordered 2 more to make a set.

My builds had always felt better on super 4’s and previous dyno sessions have always been carried out on these plugs. I put this down to the ability of a multi electrode to clear any contamination generated by dirty carbs and lumpy cams. 

Changing to the BR10EIX plugs just felt sharper. A power run to check engine health matched the best results from earlier runs. Lunacy on roundabouts etc becomes more instant with a cleaner throttle response.

Negatives

These are a very ‘cold’ plug. When stating to use the car this year they were unable to cope with the combination of old fuel laced with fuel stabiliser and a splash of 2 stroke oil, resulting in a temporary change back to super 4’s.