What we did before t'internet.....

Chris T

On 11/2/2019 at 10:52 AM, Beaky said:

37 years young, two kids, two mortgages, 5 years before I got the 911, had  Saab 93 Aero, Honda CRV.

Spooky! In 1997 I too was 37 years young, I also had two kids, two mortgages and I too had to wait 5 years until the arrival of my 911😀. However... I was driving a 406SRi company hack, my wife was driving my old 405 company hack and I had a 1964 TR4 tucked away in the garage to bring weekend smiles. Happy days!!

In 1997, my best friend died of cancer, my wife's best friend's husband was murdered on holiday in Eygpt and ny beloved dog died!!  So, I thought we have no control over our time n this planet, so I went out and bought a 'walking wounded' Jag E Type (1965) - a car I had always lusted for! - It joined a prewar AM I had bought in 1981.

Still have the E and still love it - having done 30k+ miles ( USA 3 times, S.Afica twice, Canada and all over Europe).

Ah, by the way, still have the wife! (same one from 1971!)

1997, I was only 29 could have been my best year yet

helped McLaren win GT1 at Le Mans 😎, married Mrs WC 😍 with a honeymoon in China and Maldives, started working for Benetton my 1st F1 team 😃 and think in my spare time I was responsible 😲 for the technical side of the whole grid of F1 inshore powerboats at the St Petersburg and Abu Dhabi world championship rounds or that may have been the year before ??? 🤔

Was driving a $hit box back then, still am so not much has changed ☹️

In 1997 I was 18, my dad just sold his Lotus Carlton which I still bemoan to this day. I drove around in a very rusty but much beloved Volvo Amazon 123GT and hooned about on a Honda CM125 that required a push up some hills in the Highlands and I was 9 years away from 911.

Edited by Dr_Danger

2 hours ago, Mondrian said:

In 1997 I was 33, 4 yrs into my marriage, 7 years into my mortgage, my daily was an A4 working 7am to 11pm, 6/7 days a week running two companies and had just bought this;

CR1.jpg

CR2.jpg

CR3.jpg

CR4.jpg

Yep, that's very nice.

• 2 weeks later...