Bought a scissor lift

1 hour ago, Jonny Hart said:

@MarkJ is spot on with the floor slab (as expected).   If you are sinking a lift like I did, you need another mini slab under the lift which also has mesh.  The subsoil obviously needs to be dug deeper in this area.  I poured this first, then left it a day and built the shuttering for the lifts and poured around.  I used square ventilation duct to make tunnels to run the hoses. 

Phaa! Way to easy for me 😂

I floated the slab, then found/bought a lift and now need to cut a hole and crack out the slab bending down the mesh to tie into a new lower slab

All hopefully worth it as my lift only cost £500 instead of £5k 

MarkJ you're always welcome at my house if you want to practice your slab cutting and shutting skills😉

On 11/5/2019 at 1:33 PM, sopor said:

I was hoping to put a 4 post storage/maintenance lift into my double garage but discovered it's a block and beam floor with beams spanning the entire width of the garage. Soil type is clay so block and beam floors are the norm is this area. There's a void under the floor of probably 12 inches or more.

do you have the original builders/engineers drawings for it? If its got a 75mm deep structural screed over the top of the beam and block floor (with mesh) then it can take 2.5 tons/m2 

To get back on topic (but only for a moment!) - nicely done Jonny - I have lift envy!

@MarkJ, thanks for your reply. I got limited data from the local council - here are some photos of the microfiches that I was able to view. The first details the beams and the second comments on the screed although its from a single garage variant. I have tried chipping at the screed - it's hard as nails.

EF249C1A-DE19-4303-83B6-F22963ED4A13.jpeg

917A44B4-F71E-433B-8695-595541C58A67.jpeg

F0E75F0F-780C-4C9B-AB33-8286C2EAFF36.jpeg

cant quite work out what you are showing on the microfiche as both slides appear to be two different garages.  First slide has a double garage with the beams spanning full width, second slide has a single garage width of 2.6m and the external wall steps in?.  The mesh is a D49 wrapping fabric but still has decent capacity. Do you know if they built a sleeper wall mid-span of the garage width to support the beam & block floor? 

On 11/3/2019 at 8:35 PM, Jonny Hart said:

Had to get all Egyptian with wooden rollers, levers and slides.   Took  a couple of hours to move them into position. 

You still believe that, dont you know aliens built the pyramids 😜 

• johndglynn changed the title to Bought a scissor lift