Lights on warning buzzer

Phill

I know the simple answer to this  is don't be an idiot but the other day I stopped at the services in daylight and left my lights on. I was only gone for a few minutes so the car started fine but the possible consequences are obvious.

So, my question is, has anyone wired in a buzzer to warn the lights are still on when the ignition is off?

Thanks L. Was doing some searching and they seem to be freely available. Looks like you don't have to interfere with the ignition wiring either, just the lights and door courtesy light switch. Should be easy enough, famous last words........

i am sure it is doable..In England you have to have daytime running light too?

That is why i did my daytime running light like this...comes on with ignition and off with the key off..

daytime lights.jpg

daytime LED.jpg

H5=+H4.jpg

Edited by proporsche

8 minutes ago, Phill said:

Thanks L. Was doing some searching and they seem to be freely available. Looks like you don't have to interfere with the ignition wiring either, just the lights and door courtesy light switch. Should be easy enough, famous last words........

Yep, earth to the door switch and +ve to the light switch.

It’s not that simple.  You’d have to run this to the park/side light as the main/dip are switched off when ignition is off but...

you might want to use the park feature (activated by indicator stalk) and then you don’t want the buzzer.