Impact Bumpers

Hi Richard,

Looks like a great car, already a motoring legend. Good to know it is in the hands of someone who will use it as intended; I can't abide cars that are stored away as investments.

Do you still have the Fuchs alloys I sold you many moons ago?

Jon

I have, at last count, 7 sets of wheels, but none are Fuchs.  Sorry.

My stash of 911 parts is looking very light these days.

Richard,

I'm not after buying them back; was just curious! And by the way; splitter! 😲

On 11/11/2019 at 3:30 PM, Richard Bernau said:

Snap!  I already have the Supersprint backbox, so it sounds pretty decent.  The noise is still dominated by the induction but not as much as the youtube clips suggest.  Clearly, I have't heard it from outside yet though.  With the airbox res flap closed it is quite muted and you could cruise round never suspecting anything special.  Its a bit ruder when the flap opens - revs or sport button dependent.  It sounds pretty awesome compared to just about anything I can think of.  Not shouty or contrived, just hard edged, high rev, cammy and mechanical.

You need to hear it from the outside then, they sound like a full on race car! :D  I was following my mate in his a few months back and whilst on the hands free on my car, my other half asked what the noise in the background was... Yep, that'd be the Supersprint :wub:    Needless to say I didn't need the stereo on for the duration of the drive

Wheel studs fitted and 12mm rear spacers on to match the front which already had 12mm spacers. The front one were I think added for brake clearance though there is lots of clearance already, but no complaints. 

Happy that my inner stance demon has been satisfied. 

5269CD2C-F141-42E7-9156-9E96ADDC80A2.thumb.jpeg.399362743738074be253302740847fe1.jpeg9BD84D25-AC31-42A4-8144-C4AE8847155D.thumb.jpeg.9dea40185ffdb2442ed5913804496a02.jpeg

That'll be the missus there then "Richard, stop taking bl@@dy pictures of your car and come inside and help with the housework!" ;)

Close.  And well spotted.  Yes, its the missus.  But I was waiting for her to come out so we could go out to complete exciting Saturday morning errands.  Only thing more exciting was the Sunday morning tip run.