New Fuchs, matt centres!

RivieraBob

On another thread I mentioned I was going to be a guinea pig and buy the new Fuchs. I bought 16x8s for the rear with the intention of moving the present 7s to the front. Well that was a nice idea but what I didn't realise is the black centres on the new ones are definitely a matt finish, wheras my originals are gloss black centre, maybe satin? With the cost of refurbing vs the now cheaper cost of new, have stumped up and bought new 7s to match. I have absolutely no complaints about them but thought I should warn people that you probably have to buy a set rather than a pair. Might sell my original 6s and 7s (relatively good nick, you won't win concours d'elegance but they won't embarass) - what do you think the new going rate is 1200? Slightly cheaper to forum members?

Might come up a bit, but it does say that they are matt on the blurb in the box - not mentioned on any advert. Weren't the originals satin black centres? Haven't seen anyone else complain about it so a little odd (there was a discussion on Pelican, but that was more about people getting in a tiz over the fact that they don't have a Porsche part no stamped beside the fox's head and therefore not proper! 🙄) I really don't mind the look apart from the fact I had to shell out for another pair to match.