Upgraded forum subscription packages are now available here - this costs from just 4p a day so please consider supporting the forum. All discussion boards and technical forums will continue to be visible to all users. Forum software add-ons including the Private Messaging and Photo Uploader systems will be deprecated during August for free members.

New posts in the IB Cars and Parts Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads sections are now restricted to supporting members only. Access to the Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads section will be supporting members only from September 1st.

Note that the rules on trade adverts have not changed. IB still does not permit trade ads, but I am working on an 'IB Professional' supporter's option which may be of interest.

rainer

Oulton RS Day 2020

Cut some slots in the bent pipes and use exterior jubilee clips?

4 hours ago, Chris T said:

Cut some slots in the bent pipes and use exterior jubilee clips?

Great idea Chris. Its not a permanent thing so no need to worry if it looks a bit agricultural.

One week to go 👏 

So who’s going from here? 

I’ll be going to watch. It’ll be good to see you Haith, it’s been a while.

Brill. Be good to see you Bob. You bringing your IB? Both Al and I will be tracking along with our mate Karl. 

I’ll be there in 964.....hope to catch up and sure Jev is going also.

8 hours ago, Busybee said:

Brill. Be good to see you Bob. You bringing your IB? Both Al and I will be tracking along with our mate Karl. 

Not decided which car to come in yet. I did a whole 80 miles between MOTs last year.

1 hour ago, swift911 said:

Not decided which car to come in yet. I did a whole 80 miles between MOTs last year.

That’s shocking Bob. I do that going for my mot and home 😂 You both need a day out in Wales 👍

3 hours ago, Boydyrs said:

I’ll be there in 964.....hope to catch up and sure Jev is going also.

Awesome. Look forward to seeing you there. Which car are you taking? 

1 hour ago, Boydyrs said:

Ruby 964 Haith 

Sorry dude. Saw 964 after I sent the last one. Ruby eh. Sounds like an RS to me? 

@jevvy are you still booked in at the Swan? I think I got the last twin room for Thurs night only £50. Not been great last couple of times I've staid there but can't argue for fifty squids really.

Edited by reddevil

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

@jevvy are you still booked in at the Swan? I think I got the last twin room for Thurs night only £50. Not been great last couple of times I've staid there but can't argue for fifty squids really.

no mate we've cancelled accom as babs cant make the trackday - im probably going to blast up for some spectating and bants! See you up there hopefully.

Heard there’s a pre track day dinner. Any info guys? 

1 hour ago, Busybee said:

Heard there’s a pre track day dinner. Any info guys? 

Something going on over at Pistonheads 911/CGT forum I think.

Thanks, but I think we'll stay close to our lodgings Thurs night as we'll have travelled up after a hard day's graft!

Advice of the learned. I downloaded a decibel app to my phone today. Fired up Daisy outside and let her warm a bit. Started the DB App. Approx 65db on tickover and a max recorded of 77db through the rev range to about 5K. Finding it hard to believe. App I used was sound meter. 

If its that low, I should be fine right even if the app is a bit rubbish? 

Where was the phone when you did this - in the house?!

😂 you crack me up.  Right up its chuff. Well actually 0.5m away from the tips  

Jet engine is 140db. Hmmmm. I was feeling pretty happy at 77 lol 

how loud was Mrs BB when you brought home your last car purchase 🤔

She loves it mate. Keeps me out the way.

Tried again using another App on my wife's phone. Max 110db! That's more as I expected. Do they take an average or peak reading does anyone know?