Air circulation valve - p/n 930 207 227 00 - delete?

My ACV is making buzzing noises, which I understand means it's toast.  It's the little plastic valve that is connected to and sits next to the oil tank, mounted to the body.  I am not sure exactly what it does, but the valve apparently opens when the car warms up, when it stops buzzing.  Also stops buzzing if you blip the throttle.  Question is can it be deleted without ill effects?  The replacement part is different, so needs a different mount and has different diameter connectors which means I will need some modifications for the connected pipes to fit as well.

Cheers

Kevin

7 minutes ago, Phill said:

I get that but what does it do?

3.2 stuff.... 

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/982184-high-frequency-rattle-engine-compartment.html

6 hours ago, Fuchs915 said:

My ACV is making buzzing noises, which I understand means it's toast.  It's the little plastic valve that is connected to and sits next to the oil tank, mounted to the body.  I am not sure exactly what it does, but the valve apparently opens when the car warms up, when it stops buzzing.  Also stops buzzing if you blip the throttle.  Question is can it be deleted without ill effects?  The replacement part is different, so needs a different mount and has different diameter connectors which means I will need some modifications for the connected pipes to fit as well.

Cheers

Kevin

This post may help Kevin - http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/987569-ambient-air-valve.html#post10071841

16 hours ago, SP72 said:

Can’t help with the delete info as mine was removed as part of the ITB install.  I have a  NOS item if you need one though. Does yours look like this?:

A7C32DC1-E012-4BD5-8B4D-4356B3DBF4A6.jpeg

41338610-7441-4AC9-8C28-49D73768B8A6.jpeg

Thanks Shirish.  MIne is the original (I assume) all plastic version, which means some modding is needed for the replacement version you have.  But I can then tell people I have a modded 911, so all good.  Let me know how much you want for the part.  Thanks also for the links, helpful with explaining what it does and the modding process too.

47 minutes ago, Phill said:

Having read those links it looks like something that can be deleted altogether.

Not so sure, I thought it helps stabilises tick over, on a cold engine.

Edited by SilverWT