HT lead ends?

Hi gang,

Trying to chase a persistent misfire means I'd like to replace all the HT leads. Each lead has zero ohms, the resistor being in the plug cap. I have 2 sets of leads from which to choose the best 6 plug caps and distributor connectors. BUT, the HT leads are ended in a 3mm screw and I can't find anybody who can supply the correct ends. Any ideas where I can get them?

Chris.

IMG_1500.jpeg

Bit more research reveals a potential source, I also found sparkplugs.co.uk BUT while the ends are cheap, they need a special Beru only crimp tool. Best I can find that for is £213, many places were €500! 

Anybody got or know of a Beru ZAZ3 crimp tool I can borrow or somebody who has one that can make up leads??

Chris.

Edited by Chris T

I bought some more.

I was just about to talk crimping, goodness me you are impatient!:D

Henry had some plates made which you stick in a vice and they crimp the ends. I still have them so you are welcome to borrow them. You will need some spare ends just in case you need a couple up, I did.

Thanks to Phil's kind loan of the crimp tool, I have made a set of new HT leads. As you can see I backed up the crimp with some high temp silicone as a belt and braces. Can't yet fit them as silicone needs 24h to cure fully. I cleaned up the old spark plug caps and distributor cap ends and will re-use them. I reckon 35 year old real Beru ones are better than the cheap stuff available elsewhere, they all still measure spot on or very close to the 3kΩ spec. 

Let's hope this cures my misfire..... Chris.

IMG_1503.jpg