Impact Bumpers
Chris T

HT lead ends?

Hi gang,

Trying to chase a persistent misfire means I'd like to replace all the HT leads. Each lead has zero ohms, the resistor being in the plug cap. I have 2 sets of leads from which to choose the best 6 plug caps and distributor connectors. BUT, the HT leads are ended in a 3mm screw and I can't find anybody who can supply the correct ends. Any ideas where I can get them?

Chris.

IMG_1500.jpeg

I bought some a while back, I'll try and look where they were from. It was Germany, I know that much.

Bit more research reveals a potential source, I also found sparkplugs.co.uk BUT while the ends are cheap, they need a special Beru only crimp tool. Best I can find that for is £213, many places were €500! 

Anybody got or know of a Beru ZAZ3 crimp tool I can borrow or somebody who has one that can make up leads??

Chris.

Edited by Chris T

I bought some more.

I was just about to talk crimping, goodness me you are impatient!:D

Henry had some plates made which you stick in a vice and they crimp the ends. I still have them so you are welcome to borrow them. You will need some spare ends just in case you need a couple up, I did.

IMG_20191202_172743.thumb.jpg.faccb965b67e0e8f496fec96993ebfb8.jpg

Here you go. Place in vice as shown and squeeze. Rotate 90 degrees and squeeze again. You will use up one end practising but they do work.

Brilliant Phil! I will PM you. 

Chris.

5 minutes ago, sopor said:

Those clever bits need to be added to

That is very true!