Preferred tyre choice

964LWT

I’m going up an inch in Fuchs to 7’s and 8’s on the SC.  225/50/16’s & 245/45/16.

I’m having  difficulty in sourcing the rear 225’s in Bridgestone S02’s.

Can anyone recommend an alternative make other than - say Toyos ?

Its my daily driver so comfort balanced with handling is a prerequisite as apposed to a tyre that can help me shave a few tenths off a lap time !

Cheers, Nick. 

6 minutes ago, 964LWT said:

I’m going up an inch in Fuchs to 7’s and 8’s on the SC.  225/50/16’s & 245/45/16.

I’m having  difficulty in sourcing the rear 225’s in Bridgestone S02’s.

Can anyone recommend an alternative make other than - say Toyos ?

Its my daily driver so comfort balanced with handling is a prerequisite as apposed to a tyre that can help me shave a few tenths off a lap time !

Cheers, Nick. 

Confused , 225 or 245?

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/bridgestone-s-02-225-50-r16-92-w-n3-zr#277114678

30 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Continental sport contacts are my favourites. N rated, grip very well, relatively quiet. Better than SO2’s imho  

👆 what he says. And they look relatively period unlike a toyo for example. 

1 hour ago, Wingnonut said:

👆 what he says. And they look relatively period unlike a toyo for example. 

It’s running Conti Sport Contacts currently &  I agree with your comments....they do look quite period. I’ll explore this route tomorrow ! Cheers.

1 hour ago, longman said:

Typo...245’s !

Any reason why 225/245 ? I run 205/225 on 7's and 9's using S02’s , the 225 is very square with a wide tread pattern , look v similar to a 245 , I don’t like too much tyre on mine as the car doesn’t feel as nimble

Not saying S02's are a bad tyre. Just personally prefer the grip/feel of the Conti's. Have a set of each both on 16's on two IB's. Conti's run better for me. Plus the S02's pick up gravel on the drive lol Thought I'd thrown a wheel weight the first time it happened. 

Edited by Busybee

Many thanks for all input on this. I’ve gone for S02’s. I had these on my RS for many years, and agree with your comments. 

The SC’s Continental ‘s are so old - I’m ashamed to own up how old they actually are....although do have a respectable amount of tread left, all things considered.

I’m looking forward to the transformation, especially as the caster / camber / tracking etc is Snow optimised. 

5 hours ago, Lesworth said:

I did the 2009 Le Mans Bugatti track day on 15 year old Avons. It was hilarious but I wasn't very fast, obviously.:whistling:

5 hours ago, Lesworth said:

I did the 2009 Le Mans Bugatti track day on 15 year old Avons. It was hilarious but I wasn't very fast, obviously.:whistling:

Snap ! Confession time.... My Conti’s are 15 as well 😂