Gordon Murray..

SP72

53 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

and BOOM..........

Save a 100 kgs of weight, turn the fan up to 11 to give 1500 kgs of downforce, add a few bhp to 730 bhp and it's off to the track for you! 😎1908908582_T50S_012_edited-1.thumb.jpg.268b4826850369ff37d46aed60eeab96.jpg

Thank god he's managed 100kg off! Breathe! 

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

and BOOM..........

Save a 100 kgs of weight, turn the fan up to 11 to give 1500 kgs of downforce, add a few bhp to 730 bhp and it's off to Le Mans 2021 with the new hypercar regs for you! 😎

T50S_01.jpg

Edited for you. ?

2 hours ago, njpcarrera32 said:

I'm in. 😀

Only fit to make the tea, put air in the tyres, and do a bit of polishing, mind.

So we e got the tea, air pumping and polishing sorted between us. Just need all the greaser boys to rock up now 😂😜

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

I want a job in that workshop.

Your lovely red car would look like this to you if you spent time there, trust me, it would do your head in 😜, you'd never look at cars in the same way again

Fat Cars & Other Bizarre Vehicle Sculptures by Erwin Wurm | Daily design  inspiration for creatives | Inspiration Grid

Edited by World Citizen

1 hour ago, 16vjay said:

Spent a lifetime doing this sort of thing and my 911 looks just fine thanks.

In fact I am currently contributing to the car in the video...... :)

That's mega, I'm well jealous!

What sort of work are you doing on it?

Hope on the inside it's as cool a project as it looks from the outside

I'm not super close to it, the company I am with is a sub-contractor supplying some smallish but important parts.  I am part of the small mechanical design team for electrical components, Gordon mentions the bigger of our parts in his chat with Harry Metcalf.

But I have worked directly with GM at GMD, I was part of the team at the start of the TVR job.  was surprised when I saw the prototype that the under-bonnet layout was pretty much as I left it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

Check R53's dampers from 7.20 onwards, great advertising.

Spotted that, your mate must be well chufted, bet Gordon pushed him with weight, packaging, friction etc further than any other road car customer he's worked with

4 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Spotted that, your mate must be well chufted, bet Gordon pushed him with weight, packaging, friction etc further than any other road car customer he's worked with

I think he is used to it given he has much of the Formula E fleet and also McLaren GT3&4 cars with his dampers fitted, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Gordon took that to a whole new level