Prototipo

jellyfishfields

Can anyone please advise the best place to currently buy a Prototipo wheel and boss from?

I did do a search and found the following post, but it looks like they no longer advertise on Ebay?

Also, are there any options for taking the wheel a bit closer, I guess the downside is it's further from the stalks? I'm looking for the fairly flat wheel, not the dished one.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, jellyfishfields said:

Busybee, did your boss and wheel come from the same place?

I see they do also sell wheels, I may just ask them to supply both.

Yup, bought them both from the same seller in Germany via eBay. Prices fluctuate with those guys because of the Euro. Second one I bought from the same people was about £30 more 

Is this the correct hub?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Momo-Steering-Wheel-Hub-C0231-for-Porsche-928-Bis-Bj-1988/133019449884?hash=item1ef893ba1c:g:FgYAAOSwridaIr29

I notice some sellers say C0231, while others are MC0231, is there any difference?

Any opinions on the complete black horn push, or the other one with the silver ring?

https://www.bellavolante.co.uk/apps/webstore/products/category/1501531

Edited by jellyfishfields

4 hours ago, strosek34 said:

I’ve got a 350mm dia. one,  I think you would find 310 to be too small personally Bobafett

Agreed, steering effort would increase and you may impair visibility of the dials.

I’ve got a couple of 350mm and 370 mm wheels - can’t decide which i prefer.

7 hours ago, Lesworth said:

I'm waiting for SP to sell me his Martini Momo wheel :whistling:

You can borrow it until you sell your car :) 

7 hours ago, Busybee said:

Did you say you had a Mod07 like mine in Daisy you might sell Shirish? 

I’ve got a Momo Martini and the Momo Porsche cup wheel - both same diameter and dish.

No plans to sell though

8 hours ago, SP72 said:

I’ve got a couple of 350mm and 370 mm wheels - can’t decide which i prefer.

I prefer the 370mm, more space for my big hands and the stalks don't stick out like they do on a 350mm.

I fitted a 350mm prototipo and removed it straight away, the size was just wrong for me.

3 minutes ago, SP72 said:

I’ve got a Momo Martini and the Momo Porsche cup wheel - both same diameter and dish.

No plans to sell though

Ahh was the cup wheel I remember you mentioning. Think I really need to get mine recovered. That attempt I made at ruffing up the alcantara was only partially successful really. It’s still too smooth. 

14 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Ahh was the cup wheel I remember you mentioning. Think I really need to get mine recovered. That attempt I made at ruffing up the alcantara was only partially successful really. It’s still too smooth. 

Yours is the GT3 Cup wheel (with red PORSCHE inscription), same as mine.  Mine too is still in that flattened alcantara look, was tempted to see what Jacek at Royal Steering Wheels could do.

14 minutes ago, SP72 said:

Yours is the GT3 Cup wheel (with red PORSCHE inscription), same as mine.  Mine too is still in that flattened alcantara look, was tempted to see what Jacek at Royal Steering Wheels could do.

Its a great wheel. A bit of a stretch to the stalks. If you find out about recovering, let me know please SP. Saves us both contacting RSW. And can I have first refusal on that wheel if you ever decide to sell it please? Be a great spare.