Busybee

Upgrade. Daily Boxster .2

Been thinking about upgrading my daily run around Boxster for a while. Had a list of must have options. 3.4. Gen 2 987 or 981. Manual, Sports, Pasm, Chrono, Heated Seats, Sports Exhaust. Reasonable miles, Black or Red. I'd looked at GTS models (too expensive), Spyder (wayyy too expensive - but flipping gorgeous in the 981 or new 718), Carrera Classic Wheels because I think they set off the 981 very well.

Not easy finding a fully featured car. A few manuals about but they either have grey interiors, no options or something that makes them less desirable. 

Then this came along. A 2012 981S with just over 50k miles. One owner from new. Full OPC history with a £2.5K service last year. P Zeros all round. Decent price. Advertised as basalt black but its the pure schwartz black. Carrera red leather interior (which put me off initially then it grew on me). Chrono, Pasm, Torque Vectoring with mechanical locking diff. Carrera 20" rims ( I really hanker after spinners lol). Folding mirrors, Sports steering wheel, park sensors front and rear. Only two items not on my wish list are sports exhaust (wtf) and no heated seats. Excuse for a Carnewal GT right. Heated pants.

I went to see it yesterday. Stunning car. The drive is sublime. No idea if I could feel the torque vectoring or diff as I had a salesman with me nattering on about this and that. Like my 2.7 but on steroids.  It sounds like it might already have a sports exhaust. And it looked gorgeous in the sun. Bodywork was very good. Couple of stone chips here and there but an excuse to break out the polisher.

So I bought it! They even gave me a great PX on my 2.7. Picking it up Sunday after they detail it for me. Tomorrow! Bloody hell. 😱

s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

A Happy Xmas for someone, nice work

Nice car, as you say interior is a bit bright but it works for me and a nice contrast. The black will be a challenge to your newly acquired polishing skills......enjoy 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Richot1989 said:

Looks stunning!!👍👍👍

Thank you 🙏 

1 hour ago, Roy M said:

Very nice - great colour combo

Cheers Roy. Bit unsure to start off with but it felt good in the cockpit. Halloween every day! 

51 minutes ago, SP72 said:

A Happy Xmas for someone, nice work

Happy Xmas to me, happy Xmas to me, happy Xmas dear Haith, happy Xmas to me. Cheers Shirish 

22 minutes ago, GrahamTompkins said:

Nice car, as you say interior is a bit bright but it works for me and a nice contrast. The black will be a challenge to your newly acquired polishing skills......enjoy 👍🏻

Yup, black is the colour of Satan when it comes to dirt. Ahh well, gotta have a hobby right lol Thanks 👍 

Nice 😎

Fancy a road trip to Gert’s for a couple of Zorsts Haith?

Thanks Rich. Sounds like a fine plan. 🌬️ Would you go 200 cell cats too or just the gt back box? 

1 hour ago, Roy M said:

Very nice - great colour combo

Agree, love red interiors - have the same colour combo on my XJR.

It nearly always photographs brighter than it actually is though.

Great looking car Haith - I did think though you were going to be the next Frank Cassidy :)

31CFACA1-93D0-4F42-8E83-AF302043A88F.jpeg

Nice one, these as such good yet underrated car, enjoy

18 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Thanks Rich. Sounds like a fine plan. 🌬️ Would you go 200 cell cats too or just the gt back box? 

Just the GT box. 

4 minutes ago, SP72 said:

Agree, love red interiors - have the same colour combo on my XJR.

It nearly always photographs brighter than it actually is though.

Great looking car Haith - I did think though you were going to be the next Frank Cassidy :)

31CFACA1-93D0-4F42-8E83-AF302043A88F.jpeg

That looks lovely Shirish. Can't beat a bit of Walnut. Budget Frank Cassidy. Older, fatter. Poorer. Not sounding good here. Plus its one out, one in on this one. Nett zero increase in cars 

6 minutes ago, Wingnonut said:

Just the GT box. 

Yup, me too. Alan's sounds great on his Cay

Lovely car! Well done! How many you got 4?

4 minutes ago, Type911 said:

Lovely car! Well done! How many you got 4?

Thanks Matt. 4.5 

50 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Plus its one out, one in on this one. Nett zero increase in cars 

:rlol: not a chance but good on you for trying

Beautiful car BB, hope you enjoy plenty of sunny winter drives in it

Looks like the perfect Mr and Mrs BB Alpine touring car for summer drives

Colour combo is like one of your other cars turned inside out :)

Nice purchase, looks pretty sweet.

8 hours ago, World Citizen said:

:rlol: not a chance but good on you for trying

Beautiful car BB, hope you enjoy plenty of sunny winter drives in it

Looks like the perfect Mr and Mrs BB Alpine touring car for summer drives

Lol a man’s gotta try. Thanks Stephen 👍

5 hours ago, jevvy said:

Colour combo is like one of your other cars turned inside out :)

Nice purchase, looks pretty sweet.

Thanks Jev. Yup, bit like Daisy exploded lol 

stunning haith! congrats!

That looks exceptionally nice!!!

It is a sports car nothing wrong with red inside or out. Very nice Christmas present to yourself :) 

5 hours ago, axel said:

stunning haith! congrats!

Thanks Axle 👍

5 hours ago, JLewis said:

That looks exceptionally nice!!!

Thanks Jamie 👍

3 hours ago, Aldo said:

It is a sports car nothing wrong with red inside or out. Very nice Christmas present to yourself :) 

Thanks. It’s a little darker in the flesh the red interior. Not quite so bright. I love it. Feels very luxurious.

So brought her home. Chuffed. Had a great drive on wet greasy roads home. Playing with sport plus, sport and pasm. Good fun. Certainly pulls way harder than the old 2.7. Needs a sports exhaust. It’s a nice noise but not enough on the audio front. @Wingnonut, you’re on Rich lol. I might just get one this week and fit it over Xmas.

Got home, went in for a cuppa and we had the mother of all hail storms. Had to wait it out. Then got the snow foam out. Banana milkshake scented lol, in the slushy hail! Looked liked I’d had a massive bladder explosion all around the car! I must be nuts. 

All dried off and in the shed awaiting polishing and coating. 

Jobs to do;

Detail and ceramic coat

Fabsil roof

Feed leather with renapur

Order carnewal gt, clamps etc

See if I can get the pcm updated (think they had an offer on a few years back but no idea if still running). Sat nav is only 5 digit

The wheels need a refurb as a couple have light curbing and water has gotten under the lacquer on a couple. Can wait till spring. 

Other than that, I might take up to centre gravity for an assessment just to see if they can eek out any performance from the suspension. 

03FC358E-4CC7-4EEF-BE6B-B3DFB3DDC19A.jpeg

0687872B-A079-4E98-A852-EE6AC7D263A4.jpeg

9E50ABD4-B18C-4D1B-B3FA-D6346B2AEAB1.jpeg

270975C0-C4F4-4D5A-AC18-D0FF20C1A170.jpeg

Car looks great but snow!, what's that all about then? You need to get Daisy out in it for some 'high altitude' Alps training 🤔

I can thoroughly recommend Lepsons for redoing your wheels, great service, kept me fully informed and a good price too

Have a look on the last page of Les's Whistling Kettle thread for a pic of their work

30 minutes ago, swift911 said:

Great looking car Haith, love the colour combination.

Thanks Bob. Hope you’re keeping well. 

20 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Car looks great but snow!, what's that all about then? You need to get Daisy out in it for some 'high altitude' Alps training 🤔

I can thoroughly recommend Lepsons for redoing your wheels, great service, kept me fully informed and a good price too

Have a look on the last page of Les's Whistling Kettle thread for a pic of their work

Lol snow foam baby. Supposed to help life dirt from the cars body without needing to touch the car Stephen. Apparently. I find it leaves the car shinier after a wash so it must be doing something. Bit of a faff though.  

Thanks re the wheels. I’ll check them out.